Maybe removing SBRs from NFA list?

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Pistol braces are just stupid. Everyone knows what you are doing with it and the only person you are kidding is yourself. The cost of a stamp is well worth making sure I do get an unexpected visit from the ATF because a picture was leaked. As for suppressors; yes they need to be over the counter legal. That bill tried and went no where. Maybe we can start to pick apart the NFA with this instead. As long as they are challenging something of the NFA we are better off than nothing being challenged.

But the main take away is pistol braces are gay.

Oswego

n00b
I don’t give a f about SBRs. Pistol braces already give us a work around.

deregulate suppressors. It’s barbaric that they are not over the counter items. They shouldn’t even require a background check. It’s so stupid to keep them regulated

You may not care, but the poor people who support and are PRO 2nd amendment that are stuck in libtartd land sure as hell do. This could be HUGE for us.

I can buy a rifle same day w/o FBI background checks and just do the NCIS check because I have a NJ long arms purchase/carry/transport permit.

I cannot carry/transport a pistol EVER unless going to or coming from a range/gunsmith/hunting.

To purchase a pistol requires me to get a "purchase permit" for every purchase. That only take a few months to a year + FBI background check + fingerprinting + $$ + I can only buy one a month + it gets "registered"

No one in NJ can buy a pistol out of state. I can buy rifles anywhere. I can even buy rifles that are not allowed in NJ so long as I never bring them into NJ. Thats all out the window for pistols.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Pistol braces are just stupid. Everyone knows what you are doing with it and the only person you are kidding is yourself. The cost of a stamp is well worth making sure I do get an unexpected visit from the ATF because a picture was leaked. As for suppressors; yes they need to be over the counter legal. That bill tried and went no where. Maybe we can start to pick apart the NFA with this instead. As long as they are challenging something of the NFA we are better off than nothing being challenged.

But the main take away is pistol braces are gay.
ATF came back and said that misuse of a pistol brace does not reclassify it as an SBR. They have said multiple times that braces are okay. ATF knows full well that braces are a work around.

I really hope in trumps second term we get another shot at getting suppressors off the NFA books. Really hope his second term he runs train over the left for sabotaging his first term

achirdo

2WD FTW
You may not care, but the poor people who support and are PRO 2nd amendment that are stuck in libtartd land sure as hell do. This could be HUGE for us.

I can buy a rifle same day w/o FBI background checks and just do the NCIS check because I have a NJ long arms purchase/carry/transport permit.

I cannot carry/transport a pistol EVER unless going to or coming from a range/gunsmith/hunting.

To purchase a pistol requires me to get a "purchase permit" for every purchase. That only take a few months to a year + FBI background check + fingerprinting + $$ + I can only buy one a month + it gets "registered"

No one in NJ can buy a pistol out of state. I can buy rifles anywhere. I can even buy rifles that are not allowed in NJ so long as I never bring them into NJ. Thats all out the window for pistols.
That’s another thing. All these BS state laws need to be overridden in the USSC. Hopefully this case being heard soon against that state of NY will do that

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
The issue there is the 10th Amendment. The States can have laws that the Federal does not as long as they do not contradict the Federal; but that is not the way it is going. Ironically marijuana and gay marriage are going to be the precedents that help the 2nd Amendment cases more than anything.

achirdo

2WD FTW
The issue there is the 10th Amendment. The States can have laws that the Federal does not as long as they do not contradict the Federal; but that is not the way it is going. Ironically marijuana and gay marriage are going to be the precedents that help the 2nd Amendment cases more than anything.
Yes but the Should not be able to make laws that place limits on the bill of rights.

Oswego

n00b
Removing states rights is a sticky topic. While I agree the country should have some sort of similar rules and laws for some things - the people in Maine have a different way of life than those in Los Angeles. Forcing them into the same set of laws and rules could be good for some and bad for others.

I'm typically a proponent of states rights when it backs up my tact and I do not like them when the fed tries to overpower the states on topics I disagree with.

For example:

Weed - just freaking declassify it on the fed level already.

Illegal aliens - override the states rights and depot them already.

But the other side can use the same argument for things they want - thus why I think it's a very thin grey line and a very sticky topic.

Crap like this really pisses me off... Undocumented immigrants will have driver’s licenses if new push for N.J. vote clears Trenton
They say since they are going to be illegal anyway and drive anyway - then they needto vbe insured and licensed. Well if you take care of illegals they can't freaking pose a danger so do your job already and stop making excuses so you can line your pockets with "licensing fees". In the end it all comes down to money and they want a cut from the illegals they should be deporting.