What have you done to someone else's ride lately?

AlienXtx

Nignog

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Sammich maker's Tacoma needed an oil and filter change. She is driving ~2k miles a month now going to college classes every day so I am back to oil changes every 3 months. The Tacoma now has 340k miles on it and still going. I do need to find some time to get it into a shop for valve cover gaskets and the rear output shaft seal on the transmission.

Update - forgot point of note; the truck battery is a 2019 model so I need to replace that pretty soon. I do not want the battery failing while I am out of town for work.

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
Replaced the broken door handle on my son's truck.
20230918_123257.jpg

His rear left taillights randomly stopped working. Fuses, bulbs and relays are all good. Apparently the next step is a bcm reflash (@Ford) $100 if I wait till my buddy is back at work Sat, $188 if I go before. I'm to chicken shit to try using Forscan to do it lol

balakay

BabyMax
Changed the high pressure fuel pump in my wife’s car this week. While I was checking everything out, I noticed her car was starting to burn quite a bit more oil than is normal for the GDI engine. She just rolled 94k miles so we started looking for her a new ride. Not in a rush but don’t want to see her car hit 100k.

CowboyTaco

I towed some dude home yesterday. Came up to a stop sign and this black Kia van wasn't moving. He'd roll back a few inches every few minutes.

My wife says: "You should back up. They don't look like they know how to drive that manual."

A obliged. Eventually, the 4 way is dead and I pull up next to the dude and ask if he needs help. The bitch behind me starts blowing her horn. It's not like I stop in the oncoming traffic lane next to a stranded motorist just to delay her from Starbucks often. I pulled over and pushed (almost single handedly until an old man pulled up to the stop sign) his van to the side of the road (on a slight incline).

After getting him off the road safely, I leave. I turned around about a half mile down the road to see if I could help the dude anymore. He just had a down-on-his-luck look on his face. The motor of his Kia would start, but sounded like it had a hole in the block on top of a VERY LOUD knock. I'm never asked him to open the hood. I didn't need to in order to know that I wasn't going to be able to help him there on the side of the road. I offered to go home, get my truck, and return with a tow strap.

He lived about 3.5 miles away and said that he couldn't afford to take it to a shop. So to his house....down the sketchiest dirt road....he got towed. I'm mainly thankful that he didn't run into the back of me during the tow. My recovery gear (straps, shackles, etc.) was all too big to fit through the tiny tow points on his van (which only had 153k on the odo), so I had to go with an old shitty torn-and-tied-back-together rope that I keep in one of the bedside cubby holes. I'm amazed that it stayed in tact.

In talking with him afterward, he just found out that he is due to have his 3rd kid. They thought they lost the baby just a few days earlier and were ready to terminate when they found the heartbeat. He lives in a shack on the back of his uncle's property (who tried to run my wife off with a gun after she followed to make sure that I wasn't murdered), and doesn't have enough money to get much of anything until his next paycheck in 2 weeks.

The uncle became friendly when my wife explained what was going on. He said they have the property listed for sale for $3.6M....which makes me not feel bad for not giving the guy any money. I considered it, but decided against it.

No pics. The dude was red in the face and looked like he had been crying. I wasn't about to take a picture of him or the situation. He was grateful and seemed much happier by the time I left.

1704208608162.png

balakay

BabyMax
Wife’s new car is controlled almost 100% through a 10.25” touch screen. So today I put a tempered glass screen protector on it to prevent scratches from constantly cleaning the screen, rings hitting it, etc. Also ordered a set of Husky Weatherbeater mats and a Canvasback cargo liner for the cargo area and back of the 3rd row seats. Had one in her old Equinox and it was so much better than trying to get dog hair out of the carpet and not nearly as slick for the dogs as the Husky liner would be. Got the add on for it that blocks off the area between the 2nd row captains chairs to keep the dogs from walking up to the front as well. Not sure if it will be used much though.