Little Red 85 Build

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
for everyone's knowledge the OEM part number for a 2003 2.4l 2RZ and 05+ Tacoma 4.0L MAF sensor are only one digit different...

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Is she making turboski noizes yet?

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
He... I will not cater to that sexist banter... I'm on my third and hopefully last MAF now that I have the correct one..

Have to open up the diameter of my radiator shroud and reroute my fuel return line and button up some other shit. I think I have my steering figured out. waiting on a few fittings and a new hose.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Surprising how well this engine runs with the correct MAF. All codes are gone. Now on to getting this bitch finished. Fucking screams…

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Steering is plumbed, filled and initially bled. Almost ready for a test drive.
20C180A1-D9D0-412F-A4D5-A5362C15A750.jpeg
989C8577-52FD-4C62-BDFA-AA88FB7D08FB.jpeg

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Did some reassembly today. Installed a restrictor on the oil feed, replumbed the turbo drain, installed new turbo manifold studs, gabbed up the exhaust with a race bullet resonator, fixed the crushed Atlas breather hose and reinstalled the rear skid. Most importantly the smoking issue is gone. Pulled it out of the garage for the first time since June. Power is there it wants to drive through the brakes.
C076F123-E420-4D2F-9E4D-C55C051CF46A.jpeg
38EAE4D4-A700-4A5B-ACFB-9ED5AC918D96.jpeg
18EB8DC0-3D4E-4554-8E53-20C5A987FAD9.jpeg
EBEFCF72-5738-4723-876D-90F8A1F8CC8A.jpeg
B3FAD352-35AD-4D01-ACAF-0040F9B48421.jpeg

Last edited:

PSU Taco85

Looks great. I’m sure you checked and maybe it’s an illusion from the pic but will your passenger tire hit the down pipe at full stuff?

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
It’s right at the sweet spot to clear the lower link and the tire. There is a little adjustability if I need move it a little.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I would have routed the down pipe out the top of the hood. No worries about tires or suspension clearance then.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
That would be an up pipe. And no not gonna happen.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Well I finally got to go test the 2rz turbo at Barnwell last weekend. Drove it around a bit. Motor hesitated at mid range rpm’s. When I was going 10-15mph the vss said I was doing 158 mph lol. I unplugged the pigtail and it was golden after that. I could actually push my 39s at speed in high range which I couldn’t do before. Low range was a beast as well. The manual controller made it possible to start in 1-4 gear easily. The truck is a different beast all together. Only problem was not tightening the rad mount to the core support. My fan ate the radiator on the last day. No biggie I guess. New radiator with a SPAL fan showed up Friday and I got it installed sat. Just need to finish up the fan relay wiring.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Well I finally got to go test the 2rz turbo at Barnwell last weekend. Drove it around a bit. Motor hesitated at mid range rpm’s. When I was going 10-15mph the vss said I was doing 158 mph lol. I unplugged the pigtail and it was golden after that. I could actually push my 39s at speed in high range which I couldn’t do before. Low range was a beast as well. The manual controller made it possible to start in 1-4 gear easily. The truck is a different beast all together. Only problem was not tightening the rad mount to the core support. My fan ate the radiator on the last day. No biggie I guess. New radiator with a SPAL fan showed up Friday and I got it installed sat. Just need to finish up the fan relay wiring.

Nice!!

Sounds badass, got any video??

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
How much boost is it making?

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
7 psi limited by the wastegate.

only one video, ironically it’s when I killed the radiator lol. If I can get it to upload I will. In training today with limited bandwidth.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Bought another set of Reds last week. Old set will be for sale soon
Damn stickies are getting ridiculous..

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
And I bought another set of Stickies in the Interco flavor along with another set of bead locks. Other set of Reds will more than likely be getting sold after I put the new tires through some paces. Going to K2 during spring break to see how they work.

Pass Side.jpeg
Front.jpeg
Driver side.jpeg

Last edited: