Primate Labs Test Subject - 2007 Tacoma - codename: Silverback

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
It is.

Silverback

LenSun 90 watt solar panel on the hood. Using a Victron charge controller with built-in Bluetooth so I can monitor it from the phone. I used T-Rex double sided tape to adhere it. It says one roll can hold 50 lbs and I used over 3 rolls to keep it in place. Also used some cushion clamps to keep the wire out of the way. I need to install some split loom on the wires from controller to battery. Had to order some, I had either too small or way too big on hand.

IMG_6944.JPG

IMG_6943.JPG

IMG_6942.JPG

Silverback

Got a larger ARB recovery gear bag.. and everything fits!!

ARB 10' tree saver
ARB 30' x 3" strap
30' x 7/8ths Gear USA recovery rope
3 synthetic style snatch blocks
5 metal D-shackles
5 soft shackles
Masterpull D-ring wrench

IMG_6947.JPG

IMG_6950.JPG

Silverback

Getting fucking pissed. Installing the new Alpine headunit this afternoon. Testing it out, CarPlay comes up.. can see Gaia and on-X .. cool! Rear camera works but it has all the backup marks and shit... can't open the front camera... not there. Go into settings and the camera icon is grayed out. Fuck... WTF? Will call Crutchfield in the morning. Saw some video where I need to ground the outside of the RCA cable going to the cameras. Will give that a shot tonight.

IMG_6951.JPG

Silverback

Well I'm sending the Alpine back. Ordered a new Kenwood Excelon DMX907S. I think I'll be very happy with it despite the cost. It has 4 camera inputs (more options there), wireless Apple Carplay and 5 volt pre-outs.
g113DMX907S-F.jpg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
You may inspire me soon. Looking good.

Silverback

Got the bracket for the shore charger built, still need to install it into the truck. Also got a good start on the "street light" holder. Used a piece of 1.5" tube and cut it about foot long or so. Cut a notch in it, welded two nuts on either side, drilled out one of the nuts to remove threads, cut off the head of a quick release pin and welded it to it. Drill out a plug for the bottom to allow the light to not fall through yet allow it to drain. Will cut up the brackets to attach it to my swingout next. Small bites.

IMG_6978.JPG

IMG_6979.JPG

IMG_6980.JPG

IMG_6977.JPG

Silverback

Well Brown Santa did deliver this yesterday so maybe I'll drag it inside and start on the wiring harness.

IMG_6998.JPG

Silverback

Update.. did not go inside to work on wiring harness. Put on more cold weather gear and drank beer while watching Youtube. My nose is cold.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Well Brown Santa did deliver this yesterday so maybe I'll drag it inside and start on the wiring harness.

View attachment 41851
Do yourself a favor and hook it up to a spare battery on your work bench so you can play with the features and all that before you spend the time to hook it up in the truck.

Silverback

Fuck... everything works.. wireless carplay is awesome.. but the front camera works fine as a "rear camera" input.. But not as a front camera input. Ordered a new Kenwood CMOS-320 for the front camera so it should work... has a bunch of options.

Silverback

Ordered a new rear view camera as well. This one is showing the backup lines and for some reason it won't stop. So.. ordered that as well. I bought it all from Crutchfield so if its not working they can tell me how to fix it. But got it all buttoned up for now. Steering wheel controls even work! Ram wireless phone charger works well. The Ram tablet holder is nice but its got some bounce in it... I need to tighten it down a bit. Lots of screen and mic's. lol

IMG_7049.JPG

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_8761.jpg

IMG_7057.JPG

PSU Taco85

Head unit looks good. I’m still rocking the OEM one lol that’s a lot of stuff up front there, looks like a cockpit!

Silverback

It is a bit much. lol I'm hoping to use Gaia or OnX Offroad on the headunit. I messed with it a bit and it is not very intuitive. Might have to use the tablet. In looking at the pics I am thinking of adding some type of strap that goes from the side of the center console (up higher) and grabs that Ram mount arm to keep the tablet from moving around as much. Maybe a large cushion clamp screwed to the side of the console??

Silverback

Organized my air hoses and such for the Tacoma. ARB Inflation Case is pretty slick. Zippered compartment holds thigs like the needles for basketballs and the deals to help blow up a small raft or sex goat. Never know when you may have to distract a terrorist.

The new rack for the Tacoma (in work now) will have an ARB QD air fitting on each front corner built into the gussets on either side.

IMG_7219.JPG

IMG_7220.JPG

IMG_7221.JPG

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7222.JPG

Silverback

made a bit of progress this evening. Bed lights have the wires ran into the toolbox, not all setup though. Also got the Noco for lithium batteries installed and somewhat wired up, again got the wires into the tool box. Still need to connect the compressor to the air-tank, but I got all the old shit off of it and out of the way.

IMG_7339.JPG

IMG_7340.JPG

IMG_7341.JPG

Silverback

No pics, but I got the air tank connected to the compressor via a braided stainless line, I wrapped part of it in heat tape where it goes near the exhaust, used stainless zip ties to ensure it stays wrapped. Got the shore power charger wiring extended enough to get into the tool box and its currently charging the 100 AH Lipo battery (battery is not installed.. just sitting in bed). Got the remaining rear door sound deadened. Goal for tomorrow is to add a couple Blue Seas outlets in the passenger side of the bed (a dual fast charge 4.8A USB and a 12v) and start rewiring all the shit in the toolbox to a new Blue Seas 12 circuit fuse block with grounds.