Camping Gear Thread

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
You must've really liked that tent then... because you didn't cut your way out of this one lol

lol
He bought a piss jug to bring with him.

I really didn't drink much at all, 2 or 3 beers and a couple mixed drinks all week. I didn't want to wake up at night and take a piss in that cold weather.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
^^ Was in bed by 7 on multiple nights.

Taco Loco

^^ Was in bed by 7 on multiple nights.
:rolleyes:

9pm most nights, 740pm the night the rain came in and 7pm Sunday night, lol that was the night before we left Arkansas, I wanted to make sure I was well rested for that 8 hour drive the next day. The colder temperatures definitely played a role in me cutting out early, I normally crash at 9 to 930 and wake at 530, hard to break out of that 6 year routine.

Silverback

9-9:30 is my normal bedtime as well. Up around 5:45. Been many times after the time zone change when I was struggling at 8. lol

Silverback

So this GSI 3L popup pot is awesome. Here it is warming up chili. They make a few sizes, but its awesome.

IMG_0439_202211131613055.JPG

AlienXtx

Nignog

Taco Loco

So this GSI 3L popup pot is awesome. Here it is warming up chili. They make a few sizes, but its awesome.

View attachment 48387

You need quick connections for the larger propane bottle for the various propane applications, cooking, shower heater, Mr buddy etc. Not really sure if they make such connections though....

Quick search, bad ass they do!!
I do know you gotta use that yellow tape, I rebuilt some of the outdoor stoves for the scouts before.

Screenshot_20221121_092041.jpg

Silverback

I have the longer hose for my 5lb tank and it can connect to the stove, I just used the bottle because it was handy. But I like the idea of those QD's.

Taco Loco

I have the longer hose for my 5lb tank and it can connect to the stove, I just used the bottle because it was handy. But I like the idea of those QD's.

Yeah just remember those 1lbers suck in cold weather cause they freeze pretty quick. And when we did group meals on my stove, it pretty much took one of those entire 1lbers to cook a meal and it was empty.

Silverback

25k btu per burner!!

Silverback

Taco Loco

I need some new rain gear, the gear I have 10x brand is pretty old and I can feel the inner layers crumbling.

AlienXtx

Nignog

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I need some new rain gear, the gear I have 10x brand is pretty old and I can feel the inner layers crumbling.
I bought an Arc'tereyx rain jacket on sale and love it. I've used the hell out of it and it packs up really small so I can keep it in my daypack.

Outdoor Research is supposed to make some really good rain gear as well.