Camping Gear Thread

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
The Arc'teryx was expensive at first but I've def gotten my monies worth out of it so it's not a purchase I regret.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I received this as a gift today. Pretty freaking cool. Feels good in the hand. Now I need something to cut. lol

IMG_0668.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I bought an Arc'tereyx rain jacket on sale and love it. I've used the hell out of it and it packs up really small so I can keep it in my daypack.

Outdoor Research is supposed to make some really good rain gear as well.

lol, Arc'tereyx, I can't afford any of that stuff.

Anathollo

Staff member
lol, Arc'tereyx, I can't afford any of that stuff.
On sale is the key. They come with a lifetime repair or replacement warranty.

Silverback

How did the jerky turn out?
Oh it turned out amazing. Had two batches, one was marinated longer than the other. Both were good, the longer marinate was better IMO. But both good. The Costco meat was a little thin, tasty but too thin IMO.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Oh it turned out amazing. Had two batches, one was marinated longer than the other. Both were good, the longer marinate was better IMO. But both good. The Costco meat was a little thin, tasty but too thin IMO.

Awesome, yeah I usually marinate overnight, regardless what the a recipe calls for. If you go to a butcher shop, request thicker cuts like 3/8" thick

Anathollo

Staff member
Got this guy for Christmas. It's freaky chonky. Could def be used as a weapon lol
20221224_191931.jpg

Silverback

ARB fridge finally shit the bed. It’s been pulling a lot of power lately. It won’t run in 120v and on 12v it was a power hog. The past couple days I noticed the compressor not on and temps rising. Lights work. It had power. Anyhow. Ordered an Iceco JP50. Similar style and it uses the same condenser as the higher end brands. Also got the 5 year warranty just in case. Should be here next Tuesday. Almost bought another ARB but decided to save some $$.

Silverback

Flipside.. I found an ARB Troubleshooting manual online. downloaded it. Do not have a lot of faith in it but I will follow its troubleshooting steps. Best case I have two 12v fridges.. worse case I am out an hour or so of troubleshooting.

CowboyTaco

ARB fridge finally shit the bed. It’s been pulling a lot of power lately. It won’t run in 120v and on 12v it was a power hog. The past couple days I noticed the compressor not on and temps rising. Lights work. It had power. Anyhow. Ordered an Iceco JP50. Similar style and it uses the same condenser as the higher end brands. Also got the 5 year warranty just in case. Should be here next Tuesday. Almost bought another ARB but decided to save some $$.

My JP40 has been going solid and serves good purpose as a beer fridge when not camping.

Silverback

I'll find out tomorrow.. got a dead peach tree I'm gonna cut into.

Silverback

Well I think the main interior section is a smidge smaller than the ARB, but the "chiller" section is deeper. I think it will work. Well it better work. I need to create some mounting brackets for it.

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

Silverback

I plugged the ARB into my Ecoflow River 2 Max and it powered on... as expected. Now its down to 42 degrees (from 55 initially) not expected.. I expected nothing. Gonna let it run... Ecoflow is putting out between 55 and 60 watts... so 4-5 amps. If it gets down to 30 degrees I want to monitor what it uses just maintaining. I will also have the Ecoflow power the Iceco and see what it uses. Anyhow, the Iceco is running in the truck and its down to 25 degrees. I set it to 30. So it does not maintain a steady temp as well as the ARB did (does?).

AlienXtx

Nignog
Maybe once it cools down initially it will?