Just Guns

BirdTRD

beLIEve
Nice guns. I have the Kahr T9. Its their "full size" gun. Its still not very big though. My wife can shoot it very well. She has tiny hands and it is one of the only non-mouse guns that she can get a good grip on. Since its 9mm, she can handle the recoil too.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Nice guns. I have the Kahr T9. Its their "full size" gun. Its still not very big though. My wife can shoot it very well. She has tiny hands and it is one of the only non-mouse guns that she can get a good grip on. Since its 9mm, she can handle the recoil too.

That's one thing I need to shop for next. Something that Zoom feels more confident with. She's a small girl and a great shot, she just doesn't like big guns! ...except on me! :)

BirdTRD

beLIEve
It took me a while to finally do it right for her home defense gun. There is a decent chance if that situation ever arose, I wouldn't be home. I could come out blazing with pretty much any gun you stick in my hand. Its not so easy for her. Too many times, I have chosen the biggest guns I can shoot well for HD with little consideration for her. I now have the biggest gun she can handle for HD. I originally had the TP9 which is the same full size with a polymer frame. Its nice but it only weighs 17 oz so recoil is a little snappy. I quickly traded it for the all steel T9 which weighs 26 oz. Recoil is mild and she enjoys shooting it. Since she enjoys shooting it, she easily gets twice as much trigger time as other cannons I put in her hand. Obviously, practice is good.

BirdTRD

beLIEve
Besides the easy trigger reach, another thing I like about the Kahrs for my wife is the simplicity. No fancy bells, whistles, and safeties for her to fuck up. Just grab the gun, point, and shoot. Another good option for many ladies is a small(er) framed revolver in 38 or 357. Again, simplicity is key. They can practice with regular 38 loads and you can store it with +p or even some mild 357 loads for defense. There are some drawbacks though. Most DA revolvers have long heavy triggers that take some getting used to and you're limited to 5 or 6 round capacity.

Moral of the story, take her to the gun shop and see what she likes. Can she reach and pull the trigger easy? Is it simple and reliable? Try to get at least 38+p/9mm power but if a 380 is all she can handle, its better to hit with a 380 than miss with a 10mm. Don't be tempted to up the caliber either. "She likes the T9 so I'll get the T40 or TP45", thinking she'll get used to it. She won't. It will hurt to shoot and she'll avoid practicing.

Ok, I've stepped down from the soap box and the lecture is over. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Besides the easy trigger reach, another thing I like about the Kahrs for my wife is the simplicity. No fancy bells, whistles, and safeties for her to fuck up. Just grab the gun, point, and shoot. Another good option for many ladies is a small(er) framed revolver in 38 or 357. Again, simplicity is key. They can practice with regular 38 loads and you can store it with +p or even some mild 357 loads for defense. There are some drawbacks though. Most DA revolvers have long heavy triggers that take some getting used to and you're limited to 5 or 6 round capacity.

Moral of the story, take her to the gun shop and see what she likes. Can she reach and pull the trigger easy? Is it simple and reliable? Try to get at least 38+p/9mm power but if a 380 is all she can handle, its better to hit with a 380 than miss with a 10mm. Don't be tempted to up the caliber either. "She likes the T9 so I'll get the T40 or TP45", thinking she'll get used to it. She won't. It will hurt to shoot and she'll avoid practicing.

Ok, I've stepped down from the soap box and the lecture is over. :)

Good use of the Soapbox! :D

thekidcatcher

CIMG0019.jpg

newest member to my family

BirdTRD

beLIEve
I learned the hard way through wasted time, and more so, wasted money. Just trying to save some comrades the pain.

Some girls can handle double stacked, fat grips and heavy calibers. Most can't.

AlienXtx

Nignog

AlienXtx

Nignog