Just Relo@ding

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Little zombie thread action here - that Frankford hand deprimer is worth every penny. I deprimed 1500 cases of 300 Blackout in the last two days. Now to run them through the tumbler so they can get loaded up. Next up I need to deprime all my 45 ACP cases.

Just one of the containers of cases.
View attachment 12611

My brother made a wooden jig to hold the brass to cut the 300bo on a bandsaw, he does with the nicer brass for reloading.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I bought a little jig years ago that is really easy to use for cutting the tops off. I have enough brass right now it has been a while since I have had to full on convert 5.56 to 300BO brass. Plus there is a significant amount of ready to go brass out there now - not so 4 to 5 years ago.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Wow I forgot how spoiled I had gotten using the Lee powder chunker for loading 300 Blackout ammo. I loaded up 30 rounds of 300 Win Mag tonight for emptying tomorrow. There is a difference between 15.5 grains and 75 grains. But damn I do like the way they look in their box. Going to empty these tomorrow and then try to load up 100 rounds for next weekend.

I also setup some Forester Benchrest dies that were given to me years ago for the first time tonight. Running some brass through them reminded me I also need to rework all my brass for neck tension. The last time I did it with a borrowed rig but that friend is no longer reloading.

300WinMag reloads 2.jpg

300WinMag reloads.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
With enough thrust even pigs fly. This is the cartridge case you use to get enough thrust to make pigs fly. The next fifty cases should be here tomorrow. That will give me 120 cases of 458 SOCOM ammo; or the equivalent of a small car payment. Something James May would like.

20190301_212103.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
I took advantage of a small deal on some 458 SOCOM projectiles. These 300 grain hollow points will open up anything once hit. When does deer season start? lol I also made a big upgrade to my reloading gear with an electronic auto powder dispenser. I set it up and used it tonight to load 35 rounds of 300 Blackout. It was quick and easy - the RCBS Chargemaster Lite will auto dispense the charge. So as I was finishing the round it was finishing up dispensing the powder for the next round. I am really looking forward to using it with the 300 Win Mag and 458 SOCOM rounds.

458 SOCOM bullet hp.jpg

RCBS Chargemaster Lite pic.jpg

achirdo

2WD FTW
I took advantage of a small deal on some 458 SOCOM projectiles. These 300 grain hollow points will open up anything once hit. When does deer season start? lol I also made a big upgrade to my reloading gear with an electronic auto powder dispenser. I set it up and used it tonight to load 35 rounds of 300 Blackout. It was quick and easy - the RCBS Chargemaster Lite will auto dispense the charge. So as I was finishing the round it was finishing up dispensing the powder for the next round. I am really looking forward to using it with the 300 Win Mag and 458 SOCOM rounds.

View attachment 14667

View attachment 14669
How accurate is it?

I'm going to possibly start reloading 260 Rem here soon. Im buying factory Berger ammo for the Lapua brass. Once I have a couple hundred empties I'll start loading.

tx_shooter

Staff member
How accurate is it?

I'm going to possibly start reloading 260 Rem here soon. Im buying factory Berger ammo for the Lapua brass. Once I have a couple hundred empties I'll start loading.

I asked around in a few different groups; both bulk reloaders and benchrest guys all swear it is the only way to go now. A lot of people recommended to have it drop 4-5 charges and then dump them back into the powder hopper before loading up rounds. I started weighing them after that and it was more accurate than my Lee manual powder thrower. My 300 Win Mag is one of the big reasons I bought it. It really slows down the process trying to load 100 rounds of ammo when the powder charge is 72.2 grains of 7828 SSC. Now I just press go, keep getting ready, and then listen for the beep. It was dropping 15.5 grains of H110 in 4-6 seconds last night. It got close in a hurry and then slowed down to get just right. In the 30 cases it went over on one load and it was .1 over on the digital scale.

CowboyTaco

dang that's awesome! So you just dial in how much you want and let it do the work?

I hate reloading rifle rounds because it takes so long measuring the powder. I have the adapters to regulate the dispenser for 9mm and 5.56, but anything else is cumbersome.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Yep- put in the charge weight and it dispenses it. Once it gets close it slows down and does it real slow to get the right amount before beeping to let you know it is done.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Been putting together the rest of what I need for reloading. Been ordering case tumbler, caliper, scale, dies, powder, brass, bullets, primers, and some odds and ends.
New rifle pretty much requires reloading so its pushed me set up the press I have had for 3 years.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Been putting together the rest of what I need for reloading. Been ordering case tumbler, caliper, scale, dies, powder, brass, bullets, primers, and some odds and ends.
New rifle pretty much requires reloading so its pushed me set up the press I have had for 3 years.

We are kinda in the same boat, but we’re not Cuban, lol

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Got my first rounds loaded up last night. Started with my .243 and did 3 different powder charges of 4895 and 85g Barnes TSX bullets. Plan to load some .264 win mag later today.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Really wish I would have bought one of these RCBS 3 way cutter heads years ago. It trims to length, chamfers, and deburs all at once. It took a few minutes to adjust it to proper length but after that it was knocking down cases quick. Now I am interested to see what my standard deviation and extreme spread numbers are with this setup.

20190913_220825.jpg