Krookz build

Krookz

Been kicking around the idea of picking up a pizza cutter MT for a spare and mounting it high up under the bed. The full size in the bed is getting old... cant put shit back there, always moving it, ect. Cut out the stock crap and making something else that holds the tire up against the composite basically.

It would hang down about halfway on the shackle mounts. Anyone have issues w/ getting hung or hitting a spare on the trails? Some kind of skid would be on there too

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
I hammered the ears down on the bottom side of the bed and was able to fit my 285/70/17 BFG under there. Just a little rubbage on the rear of the axle pumkin. Just pull it out and put it in the bed when you go wheel.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
So I'm guessing since those fit an 07 FJ that those will fit the Taco?

Krookz

I called up energy suspension and they confirmed they dont have anything that will fit... even a custom deal. I asked if they had plans to make any and they said its in the top 5. So im leaning on they've never tried. Guess ill go pound google some more and see what I can dig up.

Oswego

n00b
Even if you do find bushings isn't your main reason for replacement the metal sleeves being shitty and fusing to the bolts?

Krookz

Mine are not fused, already took care of that long ago with some never seize. I have a nasty clunk up front :(

Krookz

Got the lca bushings changed out. Went with the Roca ones because of the price.

20ton press wouldn't budge them. Had to cut off the ends, use a hole saw to cut the rubber, push the center out with the press. Then use the air chisel with a muffler cutter tip to get the sleeve out. One of the 4 we couldn't cut it anymore with the chisel, so we used the press since it was half cut. Just as the press maxed out it popped out the sleeve with almost explosive force.

Also picked up a set of allpro standard leaf springs with 900miles on them... $255

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
allpro standard leafs with 900 miles.. guess they are worn out then? :)

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
allpro standard leafs with 900 miles.. guess they are worn out then? :)

So he's gonna get another 900 miles out of them before they bite the bullet. $255 wasted...and the salt on the roads is gonna eat the fuck outta that Malaysian steel they use too.

Krookz

So he's gonna get another 900 miles out of them before they bite the bullet. $255 wasted...and the salt on the roads is gonna eat the fuck outta that Malaysian steel they use too.

Gonna look like my Alcan's looked then. We'll find out how they do. They have a Betts spring sticker on them

Krookz

Almost forgot... One of the LCA mount tabs was starting to crack away from the frame. Front most passenger side, middle one. Touched it up with the welder before I put her back together

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Gonna look like my Alcan's looked then. We'll find out how they do. They have a Betts spring sticker on them

Mine had a betts sticker on them too. Picked mine up second hand and they seem to ride like a champ.

sent from my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket