Setting up Gears by ZUK

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
What gear ratio did you put in it?

Texoma

IG: triplecchopshop
4.56 with a Detroit tru trac in the rear, would have liked one up front as well, but they don't have one.

Mauzer

Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er
that is where it is at on the Tacoma’s. The first time I blew up my 8”, Todd handed me one of his old 8.4s... made me cry I could use it... lol
I still have a 1st gen Taco axle in my garage (housing only) for if I ever need to make the swap. I've been happy with my rear elocker, hasn't failed me on a single grocery trip yet! :chuck:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I had 4.88's and a TrueTrac in my 85 4Runner. I was impressed with the TrueTrac, it "acted" like a locker 95% of the time off-road.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I still have a 1st gen Taco axle in my garage (housing only) for if I ever need to make the swap. I've been happy with my rear elocker, hasn't failed me on a single grocery trip yet! :chuck:

Mine has worked great for the Ozark and BBRSP trip. My biggest issue is I need to wire up a locked/unlocked indicator for it.

Texoma

IG: triplecchopshop
I had 4.88's and a TrueTrac in my 85 4Runner. I was impressed with the TrueTrac, it "acted" like a locker 95% of the time off-road.

I've got a steep driveway and it was damp last night for the test run, trutrac kicked in and surprised the shit outa me. I would've gotten am ARB locker, but since I'm on road 99.9% of the time and I have a winch it just made more sense.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
That was my thought last year when I picked up a 10 Msport 528. I don't need boost problems on a Bimmer.

SamSter0077

Frack me..
That was my thought last year when I picked up a 10 Msport 528. I don't need boost problems on a Bimmer.
Msport awesomeness. The naturally aspirated straight six is a great engine.. sure it Leaks oil, And needs a lot of love.. but nothing drives like them.