Surf Fishing Gear

taco4x4rar

Mickey mouse walmart shit.

il_fullxfull.268259854.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Nah, you kayak the bait way out.. then drop it, kayak back and wait with the rob and a beer.

I went shark fishing in Florida once... we would catch bait fish, cut the tails and then hook them. Then walk that out into the ocean about 125 yards (water just about to your shoulders and it was on the edge of the channel) and cast out... then walk the line back in. Did this all night long.. from about 5PM until the sun came up. We caught two (or was it three.. long time ago) sharks about 5-6' long.. lots of beer was drank. It was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life. We hauled the sharks back to our hotel in the trunk of the rental car. which really never smelled the same. Best was we had to clean the sharks.. so while I was at work my buddy gutted and cleaned them on top of the hotel roof. He basically stepped over the balcony on the second floor and got onto the roof of the laundry facilities on the first floor.. cleaned then, leaving the guts on the roof, and then put them on ice in the bathtub until we could go buy some big ass cheap coolers. In case you didn't now, Florida + summer time + fish guts on a roof = a toxic smell. You could smell it from the parking lot 100 yards away! It was BAD!! The funny part is the maids saw the sharks in the bathtub and then they smelled the guts.... and then they found the guts. Some genius put 2 and 2 together and we about got kicked out and fined.. as it was we (he) just had to clean up the fish guts. It was pretty priceless. Shark was awesome though.. we had a huge BBQ.

Lrgrnr

I went shark fishing in Florida once... we would catch bait fish, cut the tails and then hook them. Then walk that out into the ocean about 125 yards (water just about to your shoulders and it was on the edge of the channel) and cast out... then walk the line back in. Did this all night long.. from about 5PM until the sun came up. We caught two (or was it three.. long time ago) sharks about 5-6' long.. lots of beer was drank. It was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life. We hauled the sharks back to our hotel in the trunk of the rental car. which really never smelled the same. Best was we had to clean the sharks.. so while I was at work my buddy gutted and cleaned them on top of the hotel roof. He basically stepped over the balcony on the second floor and got onto the roof of the laundry facilities on the first floor.. cleaned then, leaving the guts on the roof, and then put them on ice in the bathtub until we could go buy some big ass cheap coolers. In case you didn't now, Florida + summer time + fish guts on a roof = a toxic smell. You could smell it from the parking lot 100 yards away! It was BAD!! The funny part is the maids saw the sharks in the bathtub and then they smelled the guts.... and then they found the guts. Some genius put 2 and 2 together and we about got kicked out and fined.. as it was we (he) just had to clean up the fish guts. It was pretty priceless. Shark was awesome though.. we had a huge BBQ.

What........The..........Fuck.

Yasap

Best is to walk into a tackle shop and ask them.....

The ugly sticks are not stiff enough. they have a really weak tip. Pick up a 12'-13' Surf Rod. St. Croix makes a good one. I personally love their Mojo rods, the Mojo Surf is about the best you can buy.

Then pick you out a reel. If you are looking to cast really far then go with a bait caster. If distance does not matter to you then pick up a spinning reel.

I use the Ambassador 7000 big game edition with the faster ratio. Got it off ebay for less than $100, Got the rod at a Hateras rod shop around the same, great combo and I can cast it about 175yds.
This...told you to ask swqatch. Spend the 200...

AlienXtx

Nignog
[video=youtube;Ursf0zSnzDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ursf0zSnzDA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]