Tools!

balakay

BabyMax
Got some more new Milwaukee stuff. Unfortunately these are for work, not the garage. But damn they’re nice. Probably should have gotten the 3/8” impact instead of the 1/2” so I’ll probably order that next.
5FF73E59-C5D4-4665-A921-07AC65237069.jpeg
B62E3D95-6B94-4D8F-B759-5426AE304510.jpeg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Got some more new Milwaukee stuff. Unfortunately these are for work, not the garage. But damn they’re nice. Probably should have gotten the 3/8” impact instead of the 1/2” so I’ll probably order that next. View attachment 46232View attachment 46233
Yeah the 3/8" impact has more torque than the 1/2" according to the Torque test channel.

But the good thing is those impacts are small enough without the battery to fit in your lunchbox if you ever need to use them in the garage for the weekend or something lol

balakay

BabyMax
Yeah the 3/8" impact has more torque than the 1/2" according to the Torque test channel.

But the good thing is those impacts are small enough without the battery to fit in your lunchbox if you ever need to use them in the garage for the weekend or something lol
I plan to pick up my own sets for the house at some point. Mine are still kicking after 10 years but I can definitely tell a difference after using the newer ones. Probably be this spring before I upgrade though. And I can borrow these anytime I want so it’s not a big deal.

Anathollo

Staff member
Well I can't recommend the DeWalt 20V mower anymore at all. My nephew has been mowing my lawn for the summer with it and now the blades all chewed up. During the summer, the mower can't make it through all the yard now without overheating and it burns through batteries like crazy. And now the damn throttle lever snapped off on me yesterday. I've been looking for parts for it but nothings available online for it still and it's been on the market for a year. :facepalm:

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
So it is not good for running in high temp environments? Seems like an issue for a lawn mower designed to be used in the summer.

Anathollo

Staff member
So it is not good for running in high temp environments? Seems like an issue for a lawn mower designed to be used in the summer.
Yep, the motor is probably going out from high heat cycles combined with a shitty, paper-thin chinesium blade.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Well crap, I bought an electric 40V roybi 21" cut self propelled mower for the tiny house yard, I hope it holds up.

Anathollo

Staff member
Well crap, I bought an electric 40V roybi 21" cut self propelled mower for the tiny house yard, I hope it holds up.
For a tiny yard, it should be fine for awhile if the batteries hold up.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
For a tiny yard, it should be fine for awhile if the batteries hold up.

If not I'll get a Honda gas gx460 self propelled mower.

Glad I just finished my one an only outside chore for the week here in this so-called living within the neighborhood. The tiny house yard was just mowed and weed trimmed!

AlienXtx

Nignog
Screenshot_20220830-104035_Instagram.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Well I can't recommend the DeWalt 20V mower anymore at all. My nephew has been mowing my lawn for the summer with it and now the blades all chewed up. During the summer, the mower can't make it through all the yard now without overheating and it burns through batteries like crazy. And now the damn throttle lever snapped off on me yesterday. I've been looking for parts for it but nothings available online for it still and it's been on the market for a year. :facepalm:
Yep, the motor is probably going out from high heat cycles combined with a shitty, paper-thin chinesium blade.
I was able to find blades at a home depot that was well out of my way. The picture online is incorrect for this blade so I was missing it while browsing for it online. I bought two blades so I'll have a backup now. Current plan is to finish this mowing season and buy a riding lawn mower for the next season. I'll keep this electric one because it folds up to a small package to store out of the way and I'll need it for a tight space at the front of my property & a small alleyway alongside my house.