Tools!

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Cool, the same ones I got. Glad you like them. I got the single satellite but the other 3 are arriving tomorrow. I'll have all 4 on a wired backhaul.
You'll be getting wifi signal a block away with four of them lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
My neighbors house is a good 40+ feet away and right now they can use my current WiFi in their bedroom. They will love the new stuff. lol

Anathollo

Staff member
I had a year old 6.0 M12 battery shit the bed yesterday. Going to email Milwaukee tomorrow to see if they'll cover it under warranty.

But I was looking up batteries on homeless despots website and saw that the two pack of M12 5.0 high output were $50 off with free shipping so I ordered those as well.

Anathollo

Staff member
I had a year old 6.0 M12 battery shit the bed yesterday. Going to email Milwaukee tomorrow to see if they'll cover it under warranty.

But I was looking up batteries on homeless despots website and saw that the two pack of M12 5.0 high output were $50 off with free shipping so I ordered those as well.
Milwaukee paid to have the battery mailed back for repair or replacement so I got that in the mail this morning. Found out it has a 3-year warranty on it.

Anathollo

Staff member

These guys showed up a day early.
20221205_202414.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
I finally picked up a blue 4' ladder today after using my insulation contractors ladder all day. I'm tired of lugging the heavy orange 6' ladder around inside the house.

Silverback

I have two of those Wagner knock-off Little Giant ladders.. one is normal size and one is smaller. Both weight a fucking ton! Bought an 8' fiberglass one for around the house to access shit on the lofts and life has been so much better. Although, downside wife can grab it and put up Christmas way to early. Anyhow, the others have their uses but not in the garage.

balakay

BabyMax
I have two of those Wagner knock-off Little Giant ladders.. one is normal size and one is smaller. Both weight a fucking ton! Bought an 8' fiberglass one for around the house to access shit on the lofts and life has been so much better. Although, downside wife can grab it and put up Christmas way to early. Anyhow, the others have their uses but not in the garage.
I bought a Little Giant a couple weeks ago when I put up the Christmas lights because I didn’t have a ladder tall enough. It’s heavy as fuck. But it should be the only ladder I ever need. Plus it has wheels where I can roll it around when it’s all folded up. I do have a small 4’ step ladder that will let me do 90% of the stuff I need to do inside the house so shouldn’t have to bring the heavy SOB inside very often.

CowboyTaco

I have the little giant and that lead to getting the bigger Wagner version, but now I need an even bigger one to reach the second story gutters on the new house (wasn't an issue on either of my previous homes).

Have an 8' fiberglass one for taller stuff around the house.

Finally broke down and got an aluminum 3-step stool to move around easily. Mainly to reach the wireless security cameras when they need to be recharged and to reach the top of the Expedition when washing it.

Anathollo

Staff member
I have the little giant and that lead to getting the bigger Wagner version, but now I need an even bigger one to reach the second story gutters on the new house (wasn't an issue on either of my previous homes).

Have an 8' fiberglass one for taller stuff around the house.

Finally broke down and got an aluminum 3-step stool to move around easily. Mainly to reach the wireless security cameras when they need to be recharged and to reach the top of the Expedition when washing it.
Don't forget that you can rent ladders from Home Depot. That way you don't have to store that sucker if you only need it once a year.

CowboyTaco

Don't forget that you can rent ladders from Home Depot. That way you don't have to store that sucker if you only need it once a year.

I actually have thought about that. The size that I need is $50 for a day.

The fold up gorilla ladder/little giant/werner folding and extending version was something like $300 on sale recently (I didn't buy it). So I can rent one for a day 6 times before I hit the cost of owning the one. Kinda feels like I should have bought it, but I didn't.

I'm sort of half trying to get my wife to let me install the LED strips behind the gutter that will turn whatever color you want. I could do orange for halloween, red/green/white/whatever for Christmas, and never have to get up that high again. She isn't going for it.

I haven't decided if I think its really cool or super gay.....

All_products_house_1440x.jpg

0019396822365_A

But I like the idea of not having to put up holiday lights ever again.

balakay

BabyMax
I’d like to do that someday but damn they’re expensive by the time you get the controller and everything.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
My next house I will probably have them installed before the first Christmas; if not as part of the build.

Silverback

We looked at having them installed... very nice but very pricy. Like $3500-4000 IIRC. The wife hated them, she said it took away from Christmas lights being "special". I somewhat agree but I still like them.

We had outlets put in all 4 corners of the eves and on a switch in the garage. I need to install my wifi Alexa controlled switch for them so I can set them on a timer.

Anathollo

Staff member
We looked at having them installed... very nice but very pricy. Like $3500-4000 IIRC. The wife hated them, she said it took away from Christmas lights being "special". I somewhat agree but I still like them.

We had outlets put in all 4 corners of the eves and on a switch in the garage. I need to install my wifi Alexa controlled switch for them so I can set them on a timer.
I put an outlet in on the Bayside, street side and all the way out at my gate for Christmas lights. I will not be wrapping the whole house in lights 17' up. Fuck that.

Silverback

I hire a guy to install and take down that stuff. My house is only 1 story but the fucking thing is still close to 20' tall in spots. Not cheap but cheaper than hospital bills.

balakay

BabyMax

Yeah I got quotes $3600 for 120’ of those permanent lights. That’s not happening anytime soon if ever.