TOR Wellness

CowboyTaco

The watch does have GPS, but it isn't active all the time. AFAIK, you couldn't detect its location if you lost it, and no one could use it to track your location.

Part of the battery life is not having GPS active constantly. Outdoor activities, like running, will show your track on the map and color coordinate it with your speed. You can also track heart rate and elevation changes.

CowboyTaco

Screenshot_20220113-184332_Connect.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswego

n00b
The watch does have GPS, but it isn't active all the time. AFAIK, you couldn't detect its location if you lost it, and no one could use it to track your location.

Part of the battery life is not having GPS active constantly. Outdoor activities, like running, will show your track on the map and color coordinate it with your speed. You can also track heart rate and elevation changes.
Believe it or not I'd like a trackable version. Prob never happen cause then inreach users would get pissed.

I'm always amazed at gps. When I found out it worked on phones and tablets in the middle of nowhere with no cell service I got a cheap tablet and started loading it with maps.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Last edited:

balakay

BabyMax
I spend very little time at my desk. A couple of 15-30 minute sessions a week. I would almost always stand. I have a couple projects coming up that will require a couple hours at a time so I don't want to commit to a standing only desk. Because I know I won't want to stand for multiple hours on end so I figure the adjustable is the best bet for me.

Oswego

n00b

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Food for thought...
Thanks to those gps watches and apps, our adversaries have already mapped most of the US interests throughout the world.
I listened to a podcast with a former coldwar CIA spy and he said the Russians didn't really do a lot of mapping of the USA. He said the Russian spies would get off the plane, go to the nearest airport kiosk and just buy a detailed road map of the USA lol Whereas we had to spend millions of dollars on spy planes to fly over Russia to take pics and map out their country.

CowboyTaco

I listened to a podcast with a former coldwar CIA spy and he said the Russians didn't really do a lot of mapping of the USA. He said the Russian spies would get off the plane, go to the nearest airport kiosk and just buy a detailed road map of the USA lol Whereas we had to spend millions of dollars on spy planes to fly over Russia to take pics and map out their country.

That reminds me of the Carlos Mencia joke where he talks about the US spending millions of dollars to invent a pen that would work in outer space (zero gravity). The Russians just decided to use a pencil.

Anathollo

Staff member
That reminds me of the Carlos Mencia joke where he talks about the US spending millions of dollars to invent a pen that would work in outer space (zero gravity). The Russians just decided to use a pencil.
I wonder who Carlos Mencia stole that joke from?

Taco Loco

In general yes, but we have lots of small locations all over that are not mapped and/or have satellite manipulation imagery.

Most importantly those maps don't show activity/resources/force size that the watches were revealing.... you can bet China has a good ideal and shares with USSR.

Oswego

n00b
Coming from him figures it's fake news/urban myth. I've heard this dispelled before on a podcast lol

Taco Loco

Well I lost a crown on a back molar, the dentist told me the prior dentist did not take care of me about 14 years ago. The prior dentist did not remove all the previous silver filling before putting on the crown. Everything was cleaned off and a temporary crown is in place and gotta return in about 2 weeks for the permanent crown install.

20221117_150611.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Well I lost a crown on a back molar, the dentist told me the prior dentist did not take care of me about 14 years ago. The prior dentist did not remove all the previous silver filling before putting on the crown. Everything was cleaned off and a temporary crown is in place and gotta return in about 2 weeks for the permanent crown install.

View attachment 48329
That sucks!

Taco Loco

I had to switch allergy meds; apparently the montal-whatever stopped working. But it is good to be breathing again.
What is it? cetirizine allergy? That's what I buy, the generic of that.

Taco Loco

Dental cleaning and permanent crown install this morning, not looking forward to this.

Taco Loco

Well crap, the perm crown was quite not large enough. A new temporary one installed again, not fun.

Taco Loco

20230817_084118.jpg

Last year I noticed I needed to get some readers while using cpu/phone. I couldn't buy the cheap ones from the store because the opposite strength in the eyes.

Went to optometrist last month, cause we are covered for free pair a year. My distance vision is 20/25, so opted for another pair of Oakleys sunglasses. Custom lenses to get me at 20/20 for distance, added anti glare coating to the inside of the lenses also. That set was free with the $25 eye exam. I happed to purchased 2 pairs of Oakleys on Prime day for $56 each. I had one of those pairs upgraded to the same custom lenses for $126.