Trailers, EXPO, RV, POP-UP, ETC....

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Well spare tire is ordered and already changed my mind from shocks to helper springs w/ foam. They were a little more than shocks but have no install time (will install while flipping axle) and help control the trailer better. So hopefully by next weekend I will be ready to start knocking down some work on the trailer too.

1642386116572.png

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
A great rig that may not be able to pass me on the trail but he can pass many more gas stations compared to me.

emo element.jpg

Sleeps 4. Two up top and two on the bottom. He built it out in 2 weeks. Hot shower, oven, heater, cabinets with every item including a banana hanger, espresso and buffalo hides to keep you warm. Man those things are warm. Pricey but warm. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

tx_shooter

Staff member
Hopefully picking up a steel order on Saturday.

*just got notice they are closed on Saturdays until further notice. Will have to see if I can get up there Friday afternoon to pick it up.

1642470519221.png

CowboyTaco

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Anyone seen this Roadmaster active suspension yet?

AlienXtx

Nignog
Looks like it would work better then a helper spring or rough ass riding air bags.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Not sure how that would not negatively impact the ride when empty if it applies more force to put the tire back to the ground. I like the idea but would want to see more and see some road test data/video.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Not sure how that would not negatively impact the ride when empty if it applies more force to put the tire back to the ground. I like the idea but would want to see more and see some road test data/video.
Speed bump road test. You can't not effect the ride no matter what yiu do. Any help with load carry is gonna make it rough unloaded, but how much is the key.

tx_shooter

Staff member
The Firestone air bag I had on the Tacoma were great when unloaded @ 10 psi. They softened hard hits to the suspension and reduced any body roll in turns/ high wind.

AlienXtx

Nignog
The Firestone air bag I had on the Tacoma were great when unloaded @ 10 psi. They softened hard hits to the suspension and reduced any body roll in turns/ high wind.
Shit, the ones on all my work trucks fucking suck unloaded at 5-10 psi. Any less and the compressor kicks in/out constantly. I'm glad I didn't put them on my 250

tx_shooter

Staff member
That might be the difference between a Tacoma and F-250. You probably have to run closer to 20 psi to get a noticeable improvement. The air lines can be a PITA to get to stop leaking though.

AlienXtx

Nignog
That might be the difference between a Tacoma and F-250. You probably have to run closer to 20 psi to get a noticeable improvement. The air lines can be a PITA to get to stop leaking though.
I'm talking about the f150 shop trucks.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
When I had Firestones on the Taco I had them on separate manual fill valves, never had an issue with leaking or anything. I only ran them for about a year though. Sold them to Robby and as far as I know he never had any issues.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
With a grinder and a welder I bet you can get it done.

AlienXtx

Nignog
When I had Firestones on the Taco I had them on separate manual fill valves, never had an issue with leaking or anything. I only ran them for about a year though. Sold them to Robby and as far as I know he never had any issues.
Yeah he does, that's Amy's truck now lol

AlienXtx

Nignog