Trailers, EXPO, RV, POP-UP, ETC....

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Does he still have the 4Runner in pieces?

AlienXtx

Nignog
Does he still have the 4Runner in pieces?
Yeah, but he has everything needed to build it all back up he said. We had lunch about a month ago. I need to hit him up again.

Oswego

n00b
Anyone seen this Roadmaster active suspension yet?

Saw that a few days ago lol

I'd like to see what a leaf spring mfg thinks about it. The way the torsion is applied on angle makes me wonder. Will hardware shift over time? Leafs crack?

Very interesting for sure. Seems easy enough to take on/off if you didnt need it 24/7 and only towed a few times a year

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Axle is now under the leaf springs and the ride helpers installed. The after pic is horrible but was all I could get at dark. I plan to tow it around some tomorrow to see how it tows. I stood on it and jumped around and it felt much more solid with a little give; which is much nicer than before.

Overall the deck height is almost four inches higher than before. This will be a nice improvement for towing over unimproved roads and steep parking lot areas. Also I may be able to run taller tires now as well.

1643248085730.png

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Took it for a quick trip around the neighborhood to put it back where I park it on my side lot. It rides so much better now even as an empty trailer. I put it on some rough spots on the road going faster than I should have and it was not bouncing all over the place trying to jerk the 4Runner around. This is going to be much nicer towing it on dirt roads now.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Saw that a few days ago lol

I'd like to see what a leaf spring mfg thinks about it. The way the torsion is applied on angle makes me wonder. Will hardware shift over time? Leafs crack?

Very interesting for sure. Seems easy enough to take on/off if you didnt need it 24/7 and only towed a few times a year
I thought the same thing when I saw that setup. Looks easy enough to take off when not needed.