Video Game Dorks

AlienXtx

Nignog
Well it looks like my 3day stuck in Alabama weekend just turned into a 4day. My last bus won't be ready to inspect until Monday so I'm going to fire Fallout 76 back up. Aint played since Dec 2018 lol

Looks like they added a "private world" feature that allows you to invite 7 people in and keeps the test away so that's its more like the originals. Sadly it's a monthly fee, but im gonna see if its worth it
Well they added in NPCs and different human based enemies since the last time I played. Its more in line with Fallout 4 with a little New Vegas and 3 sprinkled in now. So after a year plus they finally got it right.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I had 40 mins to myself. Figured I'd fire up the Xbox and play a level or two of COD:MWF. Well after a 30 min 4GB update and requiring me to enter in both of my Xbox passwords, guess what? Times up. This is why I don't play anymore bc of this bullshit (yes I have auto updates enabled. My Xbox turns on by itself to update all the time). So fucking annoying. /BuzzedAngryRant

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Several years ago I had an XBox360. My daughter wanted to play something. Ok... so I go to fire it up and can't find a controller. So I hit Amazon Prime now and have one delivered in like 90 minutes for like $30 or whatever.. now we fire it up. Monster update... takes a long time because it was turned off for years. It finally updates. READY TO PLAY.. lets do this!! ... restart it as per the update... red ring of death. FUCK ME! lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
Fucking Xbox turd lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
Well after logging about 60hrs over the last 5 days (stuck in my hotel room) on Fallout 76. I'd say its every bit the crack rock that Fallout 4 still is for me, but only if you drop coin to keep out the other online fucktards so its only you in the world. Honestly even with others its not bad because the world is huge and only 24 are on each server at a time, but i hate fucktards running up trying g to trade or talk or following me while I clean house and they hide.

AlienXtx

Nignog
IMG_70811.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
My buddy talked me into dow loading a game off of Steam. Its called Phasmophobia. Ghost hunting game. I've never been that scared in a game before. It has an option for VR. Dont think I could handle that. I was jump scaring bad enough just playing on my laptop. It was definitely worth $15. We're trying to get a couple of our other friends to play with us.

Silverback

I played a game a long time ago that was a FPS, you went through a prison at first and you could interact with the security cameras. One time I was looking through the cameras and it came to the camera that was in the security room that I was in and something was behind me. I jumped. LOL Damn I can't remember the name of it though. It was fun.

Silverback

Oh, Google helped me.. it was "The Suffering". 2004

Start at 15:29

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
20201110_174806.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
Since I can't do much during my recovery and I've read and re-read every book I own and caught up on the two or three shows I actually care to watch, I decided to dig my PS4 out of the storage unit. Neither controller worked. Said fuck it and bought a new Xbox. First Xbox I've owned since the original but PS5s are nowhere to be found at the moment. Anyway, me and Taylor started playing through Tiny Tina's Wonderlands tonight. And I started playing Outer Worlds solo a couple days ago. Both great games. Once I finish Outer Worlds, the Fallout series is on my list.

AlienXtx

Nignog
If you can find them and the new Xbox is backwards compatible start with Fallout 3 then New Vegas (personal favorite) then jump on fallout 4. You will probably be camped out on fallout 4 for awhile, I still regularly play and I've had it since release day lol

Fallout 76 is better then advertised once you get into it. I will only play solo because I hate playing with other people, but it does have multi player missions that look cool. They have also added a bunch of new content that I have yet to touch.

I have the orginal 2 for PC, but they are from 98/2000 and are SLOWWWWW going to the point of boredom

I'm playing Elden Ring right now, and I have the new Horizon game still in the pkg.

balakay

BabyMax
If you can find them and the new Xbox is backwards compatible start with Fallout 3 then New Vegas (personal favorite) then jump on fallout 4. You will probably be camped out on fallout 4 for awhile, I still regularly play and I've had it since release day lol

Fallout 76 is better then advertised once you get into it. I will only play solo because I hate playing with other people, but it does have multi player missions that look cool. They have also added a bunch of new content that I have yet to touch.

I have the orginal 2 for PC, but they are from 98/2000 and are SLOWWWWW going to the point of boredom

I'm playing Elden Ring right now, and I have the new Horizon game still in the pkg.
I have access to all four of those games (3 ,4 ,New Vegas, and 76). I highly doubt I'll get time to play through all of them but I'll definitely be starting with 3.

Elden Ring looks good, I haven't played a Souls game in a long time though. Not sure I'm up for tackling it anytime soon.

Silverback

I picked up this game for my new PC. Holy crap it's awesome. I'm only on my second contract so a long ways to go. But damn its detailed. Its available on PS and XBox.

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
I have access to all four of those games (3 ,4 ,New Vegas, and 76). I highly doubt I'll get time to play through all of them but I'll definitely be starting with 3.

Elden Ring looks good, I haven't played a Souls game in a long time though. Not sure I'm up for tackling it anytime soon.
Yeah they are all pretty time consuming. The graphics on 3/new Vagas are pretty rough, but the story line is good.

Ellen Ring is strange with no real story line. You just kinda wonder around. Graphics are good but im starting to get bored.

AlienXtx

Nignog

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
One of my sons is wanting a ASUS Tuf 15.6 gaming laptop, $1k is my budget.

What configuration is best??
Any suggestions?

Looking at thus one
ASUS TUF F15 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" FHD 144Hz Adaptive-Sync Display, Intel Core i5-11400H, GeForce RTX 3050, 64GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, Webcam, RGB Backlit Keyboard, Wi-Fi 6, Windows 11 Home, Grey https://a.co/d/82weDXK

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Note; I'm not much of IT/pc person, but that PC comes in like 15 different configurations from processors to ram etc, etc.

AlienXtx

Nignog
One of my sons is wanting a ASUS Tuf 15.6 gaming laptop, $1k is my budget.

What configuration is best??
Any suggestions?

Looking at thus one
ASUS TUF F15 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" FHD 144Hz Adaptive-Sync Display, Intel Core i5-11400H, GeForce RTX 3050, 64GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, Webcam, RGB Backlit Keyboard, Wi-Fi 6, Windows 11 Home, Grey https://a.co/d/82weDXK
No idea, I'm a console (PS) gamer.