Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Damn, now I'm hungry!

AlienXtx

Nignog

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
@Slimwood Shady

Installed your 4R Pro take offs today along with 5 new tpms sensors at local Villia tire shop, $140 included balancing.

These tires should help with some increased mpg's and decrease road noise.

Old Feb2016's
20221022_124016.jpg

New
20221022_125656.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CowboyTaco

@Slimwood Shady

Installed your 4R Pro take offs today along with 5 new tpms sensors at local Villia tire shop, $140 included balancing.

These tires should help with some increased mpg's and decrease road noise.

Old Feb2016's
View attachment 47789

New
View attachment 47790

Not hating on your tire choice, but those are the worst performing AT tires I have ever personally experienced. We put them on our 4Runner when we had it. Kind of like owning a boat. Happiest days were purchasing and getting rid of.

Taco Loco

Not hating on your tire choice, but those are the worst performing AT tires I have ever personally experienced. We put them on our 4Runner when we had it. Kind of like owning a boat. Happiest days were purchasing and getting rid of.

This was a budget choice, the tires look small on the truck, lol, this truck gets about 5 or 6k miles per year.

CowboyTaco

...and you are generally a more conscientious driver. They were fine on pavement, concrete and packed dirt. Add any snow and they were complete shit. (low chance where you are)

Loose dirt, they were like any other tire. I never had them in any deep mud, so can't comment there.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Maintenance day on the 4Runner today. I replaced the three belts and the throttle position sensor that has been acting up. I had a bit of a scare with the new sensor. I installed the new one in the same alignment as the old one. When the 4Runner was turned on the motor kept surging between 1500 rpm and 3000 rpm. I did some reading and checked a few things; then moved the sensor alignment "down" and cranked it. The new position confirmed the TPS does control more of the idle than I expected; so I had to spend a little time setting the idle.

After that it has started and ran great! The 4Runner pulls even stronger now, idles smooth, and hopefully the MPG picks up a little. The cruising RPM is about 100 RPM lower than before also. The RPM drop and increased MPG is a common thing reported by other people too. The day was complicated though when the small bolt (circled in red) fell under the throttle body onto the intake manifold (pointed by the red arrow). I had to remove the throttle body to recover the bolt.

1666476559594.png

Last edited:

Taco Loco

...and you are generally a more conscientious driver. They were fine on pavement, concrete and packed dirt. Add any snow and they were complete shit. (low chance where you are)

Loose dirt, they were like any other tire. I never had them in any deep mud, so can't comment there.

Traded a 4R in for a minivan, your tire opinion/experience does not register with me.

Silverback

What's this "logical" you speak of? I don't understand. LOL

Taco Loco

Service manual calls for every 200hr the HST transmission filter replacement.
I have been changing it sooner cause of dry and hot environment and the abuse the tractor gets. Oh and this damn thing is a $70 filter, utter BS.

Last filter was on 180hrs, this one will be on for 170hrs. The 800hr will put me back on track with the regular maintenance schedule.

New
20221025_101254.jpg

Old
20221025_090354.jpg

Silverback

damn

PSU Taco85

Service manual calls for every 200hr the HST transmission filter replacement.
I have been changing it sooner cause of dry and hot environment and the abuse the tractor gets. Oh and this damn thing is a $70 filter, utter BS.

Last filter was on 180hrs, this one will be on for 170hrs. The 800hr will put me back on track with the regular maintenance schedule.

New
View attachment 47843

Old
View attachment 47844

where are you getting the filter from, local dealer? I’ve found the best prices are on Messicks so I usually do a bulk order because the shipping of a single item isn’t worth the savings but multiple items are.

Taco Loco

where are you getting the filter from, local dealer? I’ve found the best prices are on Messicks so I usually do a bulk order because the shipping of a single item isn’t worth the savings but multiple items are.
Screenshot_20221025-200247_Chrome.jpg

Taco Loco

Messicks was $3.70 cheaper for my entire order(several filters and fluids) vs my local dealer. Messicks used to be cheaper, but they have jacked up thier prices in the past year.

Not worth messing with online order and package recovery. I will not waste my time and price out my next order with them.. local dealer for that particular filter was $71.60
20221025_204006.jpg

Attachments

• 20221024_081833.jpg
    20221024_081833.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Taco Loco

Put close 8hrs just on the tractor today, it needs a seat upgrade, the air ride is not an option. I shredded about 5 acres, premimeter fencing and made another food plot. I'm wore out.

Sunrises and sunsets have been amazing lately.

Screenshot_20221025_220259.jpg
20221024_184117.jpg
20221024_184426.jpg

PSU Taco85

Messicks was $3.70 cheaper for my entire order(several filters and fluids) vs my local dealer. Messicks used to be cheaper, but they have jacked up thier prices in the past year.

Not worth messing with online order and package recovery. I will not waste my time and price out my next order with them.. local dealer for that particular filter was $71.60
View attachment 47854

good to know, I hadn’t needed to buy anything this year but I’ll take that info in mind next purchase. My local dealer is only 10 minutes down the road.

PSU Taco85

Swapped my dying battery out for a V6 model in my accord. It’s a direct bolt in with just the V6 battery tray, cover, and plate. Got quite a few more CCAs with this one which is a 24F and it was the same price as the 51R so it seemed like a no brainer. The 4cyl sized battery lasts only 3-4 years tops, it’s about the size of a lawn mower battery lol
5C15AC74-BAC2-4365-B665-4562387A4AE4.jpeg

A7A97757-7A71-4811-A76B-81465C35DFE6.jpeg

0606ACCD-AC1E-454B-8EDE-C287EADD114D.jpeg

AFD4CC8B-7667-42B2-83AC-C6E5E58EEABC.jpeg