xodeuce's build

AlienXtx

Nignog
<off topic>
AlienXtx, the kid's haircut in your avatar is kickass. lol

Now back to the regularly scheduled program...
</off topic>

Think drew, that's a pic of him in Jr. High...lol

xodeuce

mmmmmmbourbon.
it will go away... with a one piece DS. :)

Speaking of vibes, and doing some investigation, I found this link:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Driveline-101.shtml#Single-Cardan-Measurements

Great article.

Basically, doing a one-size-fits-all CB drop or axle shim is the wrong way to go about it. Depending on how you lift, the angles can vary in different directions / amounts. For instance, shackles will raise the pinion and decrease the angle because it tilts the overall spring down in the back. A shim with the fat end toward the back would increase this angle even more, and cause the problem to get worse. That's just a rough example from the link, but the rest of the information is very good.

A one piece DS may still be the way to go, but there seems like there would be opportunity for vibration even with that option, if set up improperly.

Last edited:

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
4crawler has several excellent write ups. I use his site for reference all the time.

xodeuce

mmmmmmbourbon.
Wheels and tires installed. Looks a lot better than the stockers.

5554588204_2412a0c1c7_b.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Hell yeah man, those rims are pretty sick.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Love the new rims! looks good

xodeuce

mmmmmmbourbon.
Got the exhaust rerouted so that my skids will sit flush:

5611015031_468b20bf7c_z.jpg

5611012579_c6032875ee_z.jpg

...and yes, I realize it's awfully clean under there. :p I'll be fixing that in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
They did great work!

xodeuce

mmmmmmbourbon.
They did great work!

Yeah I've gotta give props to the guy at The Exhaust Shop in Pelham, AL. I was pretty impressed with it when I picked it up.

He took the time for me to show him pics of how I wanted it run, and was really awesome about letting me be kinda picky about it.

We stood around and talked for a while when I picked it up, he was like, "Yeah that Y pipe worked really well. I took it off a BMW last week and held onto it because I figured I'd use it."

Whatup now. I've got BMW parts on my riiiiiiiiiide. lol ;)

Last edited:

night_angel

Yeah I've gotta give props to the guy at The Exhaust Shop in Pelham, AL. I was pretty impressed with it when I picked it up.

He took the time for me to show him pics of how I wanted it run, and was really awesome about letting me be kinda picky about it.

We stood around and talked for a while when I picked it up, he was like, "Yeah that Y pipe worked really well. I took it off a BMW last week and held onto it because I figured I'd use it."

Whatup now. I've got BMW parts on my riiiiiiiiiide. lol ;)

BMTaco! (BMW+TACOMA) lol!!! :cool:, nice work... I need to do the same thing!

xodeuce

mmmmmmbourbon.
I fabbed up a bracket for an NMO mount antenna. The antenna is a Larsen NMO27B which will do CB or 10m ham depending on what length you cut the whip. I cut it for CB and my SWR is <2 across all 40 channels in the band.

Also installed the CB.

Pics:

5628834604_c61cd264ed_z.jpg

5628830722_e6e1f82e24_z.jpg

5628244205_8776a4e03b_z.jpg

I also finished painting the skids this afternoon. I used Rustoleum clean metal primer and semi gloss paint and rolled it on. I wanted a good heavy coat, then I can make touch ups with spray later, or re-roll them fairly easily. They should be dry by tomorrow and will be going on soon :)

5628918440_b16218cb82_z.jpg

Last edited:

YotaZ

Nice looking truck wheels you have there. Is this build completely finished?

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverback

YotaZ, I see you put a link in your post. Whats up with that? Copy paste error?

Silverback

Nice necro thread resuscitation attempt though.