Another SWB build

PSU Taco85

Now the anticipation for these pics has really been built up. I hope they are really good!

Haha they aren't really sorry to let ya down.
20181021_110900.jpg
AE334322-66D9-44C5-A1F3-A58842C814D5.jpg
D0DE1D66-564F-4E4C-97E2-DA4E017F47CE.jpg
IMG_8563.JPG
IMG_8565.JPG
IMG_8576.JPG
IMG_8578.JPG
IMG_8582.JPG

juvvjzm4-720.jpg

sorry - I had to

More like
IMG_8613.JPG

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Fuck yeah, awesome pics. What are those big things coming out of the ground.. like trees around here but bigger.

PSU Taco85

Actually looks pretty cool to a bunch of guys who almost never wheel in stuff like that.

The territory is different than out there for sure. This was my first time to AOAA park, it was pretty nice. Good facilities, nice camping area, trails were well maintained although most of them were really tight. Views this time of year with the trees changing colors was really nice. I snagged a few pics of the carnage from my buddies truck and a few of the camping area and at the top of the one trail we hit.

20181020_140217.jpg
18193DEA-6389-43F2-A5C7-4847B6968783.jpg
44493436_10117907259984334_2563275596519964672_o.jpg
44491704_10117907259285734_7703730650964033536_n.jpg

Fuck yeah, awesome pics. What are those big things coming out of the ground.. like trees around here but bigger.

you talking about the power lines? the offroad park had a bunch of utilities being cut through. I didn't get any pics but there was a huge section of land where they were clearing down the mountain and running a gas line, I'm assuming they are fracking up there at the top of the mountains.

Silverback

No no... these tall trees you speak of. :)

BTW, your buddies front spindle/front end looks fawked! What is the story there. Web wheelers want to know. :)

PSU Taco85

No no... these tall trees you speak of. :)

BTW, your buddies front spindle/front end looks fawked! What is the story there. Web wheelers want to know. :)

lol yes I guess they get a bit taller here as well. He's not the smartest, gave it some skinny pedal when his front end was locked up and the wheel was turned. Must just be the angle, I had gusseted his spindles so it isn't bent and he drove home fine so I think all is well :) . We had the CV swapped out in 20 minutes and had him going again. This was his truck last year, sunk it in a puddle/lake middle of winter and this was me winching him out. Truck got totaled due to submerged computer/electronics and his insurance cut him a check and he bought a new truck so we swapped all his parts at my shop and then eventually put them on the new truck lol

Maybe eventually he will learn his lesson

20180127_110905.jpg
20180127_175815.jpg

27500490_10116107948703564_6640654965456518393_o.jpg

New truck when he picked it up from the dealership
27912881_10116199432883534_8000416469760886898_o.jpg

Attachments

• 27912881_10116199432883534_8000416469760886898_o.jpg
    27912881_10116199432883534_8000416469760886898_o.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 20

Oswego

n00b
I love tight trails full of trees and foliage. Felt like I got kicked in the balls last trip we were on to RC together when they clear cut all the trees. Felt like we were wheeling in a freaking desert. I haven't been back there since.

Silverback

I love tight trails full of trees and foliage. Felt like I got kicked in the balls last trip we were on to RC together when they clear cut all the trees. Felt like we were wheeling in a freaking desert. I haven't been back there since because my truck won't run.

FIFY :D

PSU Taco85

I love tight trails full of trees and foliage. Felt like I got kicked in the balls last trip we were on to RC together when they clear cut all the trees. Felt like we were wheeling in a freaking desert. I haven't been back there since.

This was my first time to Aoaa and I'd Say I'd rather go there than Rausch. $30 a day to wheel, cheaper if you get a weekend pass. No annual membership. Have real facilities and campground. I have only been back to Rausch once since they mowed the forest down. Aoaa will put Rausch out of business if they don't do more for their customers.

Oswego

n00b
This was my first time to Aoaa and I'd Say I'd rather go there than Rausch. $30 a day to wheel, cheaper if you get a weekend pass. No annual membership. Have real facilities and campground. I have only been back to Rausch once since they mowed the forest down. Aoaa will put Rausch out of business if they don't do more for their customers.

I get that RC needs to supplement finances with timber sales, but don't clear cut all the dam tight popular hard trails so now they are super easy fields. Could of easily logged everything but the 5' next to the trails. Still would of looked like POO, but would of kept the trails difficult.

Any info on AOAA? Would not mind a good excuse to get to other parts of these United States of Greatness.

Seen the place on a few offroad shows. They also have a ton of youtube videos.

Pretty sure these guys went there

PSU Taco85

Finally did a little work on this pig. After 7 years or so with the OME dakar leaf pack, it had finally shit the bed to the point where it needed a replacement. Since this pack held up so well I decided to go with the Dakars again. They changed their part number to EL096R from the old CS047R. There is a complete comparison to the springs here (sorry about the TW cross post but there is some good info in that thread from a vendor)
IMG_9935.JPG

IMG_9929.JPG

Broke all the ubolts trying to get them loosened, going to replace with the ruff-stuff 5/8" flip kit. Old ubolts were all poo, go figure! lol
IMG_9932.JPG

Old leaf springs bushings were whooped

IMG_9936.JPG

I have one of drew's original flip kits for the 05+ taco, so I'm not sure what leaf spring bushings he used for the leaf spring side. I ordered trail gear shackle tube bushings to replace the old ones on the flip kit, and then ordered energy suspension poly bushing kit for the 05+ taco, but the new bushing ID is too big to accept the trail gear greasable shackle bolts.

Below is the OD of the trail gear greasable shackle bolt
IMG_9939.JPG

This is the energy suspension leaf spring bushing ID, a hair too big and allows too much slop for the greasable bolt to fit.
IMG_9941.JPG

I ordered the trail gear leaf spring bushings (front and rear) to see which one of those it might be, hopefully it is one of them and I can get this pig back together. While I have it apart I'm going to convert the front spring eye to a greasable setup too to keep it from seizing up. All that's needed is to enlarge the spring eye mount on the frame a bit to accept the greasable bolt.

The e-locker motor is also stuck in the "locked" position so I'm going to see what's up with that; thinking the actuator might be going out or need a good cleaning. After I fix that I might finally put the e-locker skid plate on that I have had sitting around for the past 10 years from sky offroad :roflmao:

Attachments

• IMG_9925.JPG
    IMG_9925.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 18

Oswego

n00b
if you didn't get it all ordered I may have those bolt part #'s. Hard to find a strong greasable bolt for obvious reasons. might be in my build. I need to get the data on my old hard drive recovered. I lost about 20 years worth of pics and data.

PSU Taco85

if you didn't get it all ordered I may have those bolt part #'s. Hard to find a strong greasable bolt for obvious reasons. might be in my build. I need to get the data on my old hard drive recovered. I lost about 20 years worth of pics and data.

I'll be doing a little research this week. Not too worried since I hardly ever drive this thing, think it only made it out of the garage 10 times or so lol

Oswego

n00b
I'll be doing a little research this week. Not too worried since I hardly ever drive this thing, think it only made it out of the garage 10 times or so lol

post 385 in my build.... pretty sure I bought what I thought were the best I could find at the time.

Synergy Formed U-bolt Spring Plate Options: Part #: PPM-3126-250
Synergy Single HD E-Coated UNF U-Bolt Options: Part #: PPM-UB-3125
MRE-S10191 M.O.R.E. S10191 - M.O.R.E. Zerked Bolts
MRE-S10193 M.O.R.E. S10193 - M.O.R.E. Zerked Bolts

PSU Taco85

Got the registration renewal and found 2 of the 4 tires deflated to the point truck was flexing in the shop, I really need to use this truck more. Last time I had it out was the end of summer last year.

Silverback

I hear ya man.. I need to use mine more as well. Shit I need to get it inspected this month and I still need to do the brakes... what has it been... its measured in years. lol

PSU Taco85

I hear ya man.. I need to use mine more as well. Shit I need to get it inspected this month and I still need to do the brakes... what has it been... its measured in years. lol

i have to check my inspection as well. Jersey is every 2 years so having multiple vehicles I never remember when any of them are due. It’s most likely expired, if I wait a few more years I can just register it as historic and won’t even need the inspection lol

Oswego

n00b
i have to check my inspection as well. Jersey is every 2 years so having multiple vehicles I never remember when any of them are due. It’s most likely expired, if I wait a few more years I can just register it as historic and won’t even need the inspection lol

Guy who replaced my windshield in summer on the Subaru never swapped stickers so Ive been driving w/o one since August. Just a blank spot over in that corner lol. So far so good, but Ive only traveled 1k in that time.

LEO's could care less about that kinda stuff these days it seems. Heck I'd push not getting them for 2-3 years prior to covid - now we will see if I can go 5 years w/o getting one...sure the Subaru also helps "blend in" vs the Tacoma lol