Camping Gear Thread

Oswego

n00b
Interesting to read that this guys tents are all the talk of the Canadian winter survival school I watch.

Good ol USA made cowboy canvas

So glad I never bought the Norwegian nylon teepee I was looking at in 2018 when I bought my stove.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Did you ever get all of your stove?

Oswego

n00b
Did you ever get all of your stove?
Nope. Well all but 2 items. They forgot to ship my diy sew in stove jack + the fuckers pulled a Tacoma World on me for their 5 liter hot water tank. Took my money for a product they couldnt even make. I took a refund for the water tank and gave up on the stove jack. They sent me so many other items I didnt order that I just wrote off the jack cause they are horrible to deal with and any good outfitter sells them.

Oswego

n00b
So in closing the one item I waited almost two years for still isnt on the market and I didnt get it. They actually pulled it from their site so there are 2 years worth of people giving them money for a fake item

Oswego

n00b
Thanks for the reminder. I make sure that I add my story to any new media regarding them and got lazy lately. Catching up now....
Screenshot_20220112-144245_YouTube.jpg

Oswego

n00b
I got a live one today shilling for them. First time someone deleted my story. Every other time I've posted it got pinned to the top and started a huge discussion. This chicks getting attack mode now lol

20220112_150658.jpg

Silverback

She said was ready to give an "honest review".

Silverback

Gave her a thumbs down.

Oswego

n00b
lol

So funny you found it even though I tried to protect her by not posting her info. Guess you know my alter ego screen name as well now lol

I actually sub'd to her and gave her a thumbs up. Well prior to her antics. Now I'll go back and change it to thumbs down since shes such a shill.

I'm not trying to hurt g stove. I'm trying to help others

Silverback

She deleted your comment. It says "4 comments" but I can't see yours.

Oswego

n00b
Now you got me feeling bad for her lol

20220112_152832.jpg

Oswego

n00b
She deleted your comment. It says "4 comments" but I can't see yours.
Here I am trying to help the community and this chick looking to go full shill for them.

Well if I'm gonna call out the scumbags might as well give praise to those who did the right thing like this guy who has 67k subs and to this day still talks shit about g stove. Also pinned my comment to the top. His channels also good if you like cold weather Canadian fun

Silverback

Picked up a Joolca HotTap2 Nomad Kit. It arrived today. Double cardboard boxed and no damage to the cardboard yet the blue tub was still broken somehow. They are supposed to be sending me a new one. Reviews of it are pretty good. Will likely look into alternative storage solutions. They sell a hard mount so I can attach it to the trailer and it has a cover as well. Might do that and then place the accessories in a small Pelican case or similar (Harbor Freight) case. Don't think I need a tub that big for doing dishes.

IMG_7367.JPG

IMG_7368.JPG

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
Man, when we camped at Hidden Falls in October it was cold. I had to heat water up on my stove to wash dishes and we had beef fat all congealed on the plates from the foil packet dinners. I did get to use my Flexware Sink though. I like the idea of hot water for dishes.

Last edited:

Silverback

The more I look at it the more I don't think I am going to use the blue bin. They sell a nice storage bag for the accessories (pre-order only). I'll put the main unit in a Pelican case ( I have one I need to see if it will fit in) and I also have one of those collapsible sinks with a drain. So no need for a wash basin big enough to bathe a baby in. lol

CowboyTaco

I keep seeing those on Instagram and kind of figured they were a gimmick advertisement aimed at everyone who follows anything "overland". Will be curious to know thoughts after use.

Silverback

I don't instagram, I just saw them on the Youtube and a few folks were using them.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member