Camping over there and beyond.

Oswego

n00b
I'm thinking chiggers as well after last nights treatments when I got home and showing my sister a few pics. Been almost 20 years since I had them, but it makes sense. That pic was of a new bite. The older bites do have small bubbles/blisters reminiscent of poison ivy then the redness on the perimeter looks like infection turns purple as it's healing up. Now I need to see if anyone else that was there got it so I can figure out where it happened. We kayaked for 6 hrs, hiked 5 miles, and hung around camp while exploring the entire campground + taking night swims down the river. My thought is the hippy juice sucks and I should of used something stronger. Problem with Deet is it eats the fabric of the hammocks. Also I wasn;t getting bit by other bugs so they loured me into a sense of security then went to town lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
And so it begins
20190807_070533.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
Nothing special, but I realized I havent been camping since the Ozark trip. So I booked my birthday weekend at the local state park. Only about 20 minutes from home but it's better than nothing. Still planning a Great Smoky Mountain NP trip at some point this year (hopefully) but need to see what happens with Taylor's job first.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
My wifes job is the main thing that prevents me from camping. I could go without her but that is just a dick move.

balakay

BabyMax
My wifes job is the main thing that prevents me from camping. I could go without her but that is just a dick move.

Yeah Taylor's job is fucking terrible and almost impossible for her to get more than two days in a row off. Shes currently looking for a new one though. I told her when she finds the new one and quits hers, try to schedule one to two weeks off in between so we can take a good trip somewhere. I'm lucky with my job in that aspect. I can take a full week off with just a couple days notice. So I can work around whatever she decides to do.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Speaking of the Ozarks - I am trying to see if I can get up there in May or October for a long weekend. I am thinking a quick 4 day trip maybe?

Oswego

n00b
Nothing special, but I realized I havent been camping since the Ozark trip. So I booked my birthday weekend at the local state park. Only about 20 minutes from home but it's better than nothing. Still planning a Great Smoky Mountain NP trip at some point this year (hopefully) but need to see what happens with Taylor's job first.

I get my balls busted for camping close to home by one of my buddys, but I'd rather camp close than not camp at all.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Speaking of the Ozarks - I am trying to see if I can get up there in May or October for a long weekend. I am thinking a quick 4 day trip maybe?

I have been talking with my brother to make a camping/fishing trip to Ozark back country late March or April.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I get my balls busted for camping close to home by one of my buddys, but I'd rather camp close than not camp at all.
We used to camp across the street from our home. :)

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
What'd he do for his project?
5 picnic tables, 4 benches and stone walk way for the daycare at our church.

Plus 2 more pinic tables and a bench for the church farm property.
20220110_173625.jpg

20220110_173604.jpg

I'll text ya a link.

Last edited: