Kayak Fishing

Oswego

n00b
Hit up a slightly flooded river this weekend. In the anticipation of some swift water while driving there I got myself worked up and had sweaty palms by the time I pulled up. Brought ever pc of safety equipment I own. Ended up leaving it all in the car then spent the day floating in the tame high water lol

We had the river completely to ourselves and saw no one for miles. The knocked down trees and inability to tell where the river banks started and ended in some areas kept us on our toes so at least that was a little fun.

upload_2019-6-24_15-30-20.png

upload_2019-6-24_15-25-1.png

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Looks beautiful!!

PSU Taco85

Hit up a slightly flooded river this weekend. In the anticipation of some swift water while driving there I got myself worked up and had sweaty palms by the time I pulled up. Brought ever pc of safety equipment I own. Ended up leaving it all in the car then spent the day floating in the tame high water lol

We had the river completely to ourselves and saw no one for miles. The knocked down trees and inability to tell where the river banks started and ended in some areas kept us on our toes so at least that was a little fun.

View attachment 15553

View attachment 15552

Looks like the NJ version of the bayou, heard they had some major flooding up on rancocas creek.

Oswego

n00b
Looks beautiful!!

Mostly pics of the woods flooded not an actual river. Those always make the best pics for sure.

Looks like the NJ version of the bayou, heard they had some major flooding up on rancocas creek.

yep. that's why we went. NEVER GO THERE UNLESS FLOODED - WATER LEVEL IS WAY TO LOW. Ended up being lame even in flood stage with an overflowing dam BUT THE OVERFLOWING WOODS ONT HE SIDES OF THE BANKS MADE IT SOME FUN.

SORRY IN AND OUT OF CAD WHILE TRYING TO REPLY

Silverback

I'm sure this will help find him as well. "He was reportedly wearing a camouflage-color life jacket."

Silverback

My kayak is 1100+ feet long and has multiple bars. I enjoy it. :)

Silverback

They have bars in prison.. I guess they do! lol

Oswego

n00b
lol

They found him yesterday. Dead. Something seems fishy even though the water was rough. People who saw him put in said "that guys crazy" it was so rough out. Short of a medical emergency like a stroke or hear attack or a boat running him over - it's pretty freaking hard to drown with a life jacket on. The media is hush hush - no one got shot so they don't care to look into it further.

Oswego

n00b
Spent Sat & Sun on some local rivers. Just what I needed to get away for a mini vacation

water levels are low as they always are this time of year so it's low and slow

upload_2019-9-23_8-34-44.png

upload_2019-9-23_8-35-50.png

Nice going late in the season - all the drunk rental people tend to stay away so it's much more peaceful & you can see a ton more animals

Oswego

n00b
If you have a kayak and don't use it or always wanted to sell it nows the time. Guy at work has been looking for weeks and the going rate for a used yak is now higher than the yak sold for originally or so he tells me. He said that new yaks selling for $350 in store are now being listed on Craigslist for $650.

Supply and demand. I should start renting mine for $100 a day w/delivery and pick up. We used to do that way back int he day before my buddy's bought. If I was near campsite or rivers I would.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Sold my kayak after a few trips out since the seat was very uncomfortable. Made about $100 on the sell so that was good.
Did a lot of research and settled on a Jackson Liska to replace it. Way more stable and able to stand in it, more room, and 100x better seat. Picked it up today as a birthday present of sorts and taking it out this weekend.
View attachment 14600

View attachment 14601

You need to make a trip down here to the coast with that yak later in year when it’s a bit cooler outside, I’m thinking about getting that one or the Kilroy. The state put up some rock jettys to protect some marshland, mile from the house by water, good fishing area, except for today the dolphins ran out all the game fish in matter of minutes.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
You need to make a trip down here to the coast with that yak later in year when it’s a bit cooler outside, I’m thinking about getting that one or the Kilroy. The state put up some rock jettys to protect some marshland, mile from the house by water, good fishing area, except for today the dolphins ran out all the game fish in matter of minutes.
I have plans to get down there. Looking at Rockport since my friend has a house down there.

Oswego

n00b
and sometimes you are the bait...

dude on the paddle board got down real quick lol

Silverback

DAMN!!!