Lost Sheep, Build Thread.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Any thoughts on the impact of more African countries going away from only the US Dollar and starting to use a split Dollar/ Gold standard? It came up in a call at work today and I did a bit more digging. Apparently Zimbabwe is trying to use gold to stabilize their economy from continued crashing. The theory/ fear is if it works more countries will move away from the US Dollar and start using more gold. Which this will be good for gold values.

Dedollarisation my friend.

Well it's more than just the African countries that's moving away from the dollar. Many of the non U.S. allies have been pushing this for the past couple years and then all these sanctions that were put in place because of the Russian & Ukraine conflict, kicked off more interest to move away from the dollar.

So as more countries move away from the dollar, it makes the dollar worth even less and would require more dollars to purchase export goods from those countries. It also doesn't help our country thinks it can print unlimited dollars to solve economy issues with stimulus and free loans to other countries.

So what is your interest or thought/investment process?

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Was just curious if it had been seen. There was talk during the meeting that this could make trade with Africa for EU and US a bit more expensive as their dependence on the common currency will be less. This is not good timing for EVs and other businesses that need resources out of Africa.

Taco Loco

Was just curious if it had been seen. There was talk during the meeting that this could make trade with Africa for EU and US a bit more expensive as their dependence on the common currency will be less. This is not good timing for EVs and other businesses that need resources out of Africa.
Yeah the EU is even talking about moving away from the dollar as well.

Taco Loco

From what I've been reading, the market is expected to down turn 6 to 8%, but the jobs report and growth is keeping everything at bay, the SP500 did hit some resistance this morning, it's either gonna remain flat for the next few weeks and move skyward or the market is going to repeat history patterns and drop the 6 to 8%.

Bottom line, you can't time the market, and if your 20 to 30 years out from retirement, continue to throw the money in some good mutual funds and don't look back irregardless if falls flat tomorrow or skyrockets in September. Chug away.

Taco Loco

I am researching REITs as a way to divest a bit and get to a stable platform.
Or just buy land and hold an actual tangible item, cause land never goes down in value unless there is an unknown superfund site nextdoor.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Yeah, if I had the scratch to do that I would do that. But with a wife in college spare scratch is not something I have.

Taco Loco

My youngest son's sophomore coin finds around the high school, the $13 in dollar bills not shown.

20220814_114834.jpg

20220814_115002.jpg

Taco Loco

It rains coins and tresures, gotta check the trash piles after a good soaking.
Prior owner would throw his coins in the trash, then onto the burn piles, what a dumb SOB, digging through burn piles can be a new reality TV show, lol.

I'll probably never be wealthy, it's doesn't matter though, it all adds up somehow, but I do know that I feel rich when I count my blessings.

20220823_091811.jpg

20220823_091838.jpg

20220823_092551.jpg

20220823_092555.jpg

20220823_093056.jpg

20220823_103420.jpg

20220823_110044.jpg

Taco Loco

That knife seems to be in good condition for being outside for an unknown period of time....

Atleast 2 or more years, suspect what ya want dumbass. It's a cheap knife made Pakistan.

Screenshot_20220823-143649_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220823-143700_Gallery.jpg

20220823_143845.jpg