Military Veterans

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I have no issue with re-naming a base. I have concerns over WHY they are doing it. Trying to purify our history will only doom us to repeat it. Lee was not pro slavery and only fought for the Confederacy out of duty to his homeland. That was a different time in American (and world) history. He was a brilliant military mind that was well respected by all peers.

tx_shooter

Staff member

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Taco Loco

Took these pics last week. We also toured through John Paul Jones house. Last Wednesday we did a self tour of the island of Portsmouth Navy Base and museum(only open to mil ID card holders on Thursdays), that was pretty cool. That base has camera restrictions especially near the sub docks etc.

20230602_113928.jpg

Screenshot_20230606_063635_Gallery.jpg

20230601_082605.jpg

The number of vets, especially those who participated in D-Day, is dwindling.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Damn, that area is where I wa stationed with my first unit. NOB Norfolk was a cesspool back then. I cannot imagine it is much better now; so many of those building had too many issues to repair. They were trying to tear them down when I was there.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
They might have torn them down and rebuilt. I looked at Google maps images of the 4 stateside bases I was stationed at and lived in base housing. All the housing has been replaced with homes that look like a normal suburban neighborhood. Not the bullshit cinder block housing I lived in. Actually looks nice.

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
AAFES is selling appliances through HD now. Found that they sell cheaper than HD, including sales, & tax free. Shipping fulfilled by HD.

Bought me the cadillac of LG fridges that makes bourbon ice... bougie me...

Last edited:

Taco Loco

Taco Loco

USDA Announces $27.6 Million to Support Underserved and Veteran Farmers and Ranchers through the 2501 Program