Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Chinooks are great!
1cGtk0O.jpg

AleMap

I got my reimbursement for my leaf springs today... pretty sure I left my jaw at my mailbox. They covered the entire cost of my new springs.

Silverback

What leaf springs did you get? Or rather, how much did they pay you?

Silverback

Got to love a shaved beaver.

shaving_beaver_shirt_by_snowyremy.jpg

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Did you have to provide proof of purchase or receipt? I should have went that route on my Tacoma.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I got a Deaver custom pack. It sounded like Beaver so I was happy no matter the price.
lol - The Deaver folks are Great People. IIRC they are the longest and oldest business in Santa Ana California. They have a very long history and their main shop/office still has the belt driven tools and dirt floors. When ever race teams I have worked with needs to get a pack rebuilt or picked up, I always volunteer.

Now for Beaver, that's a different part of town. :) - You wouldn't want Deaver Beaver! In addition to cobwebs, it would have grey dreads hanging from it. lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
From RaceDezert:

deaver spring co. has now been in business for 110 years! hope i dont bore anyone, but id like to give a brief history of, as far as i know, the oldest still-running business in OC.

the shop opened as a blacksmith shop in 1892. they did general blacksmithing and spring work (for trophy horse buggies, stock mini horse buggies, etc.(jk)). it passed to Frank Deaver in the late teen's- early 20's, and somewhere around this time is when the shop moved to the current location. he got a large contract from ford for installing solid rubber tires on steel wheels, and was quite successful. the business then passed to Franks son, Don Deaver. Don preferred the blacksmithing part of the job, he wasnt greatly interested in the spring work, so he offered a job to Gary Crosby, his son in law, who had returned from Vietnam, and was looking for something to do with his life. Gary took the job, and handled all the spring work. Gary had been interested in hot rods, and drag racing and always catered to that industry. He later on took over the business, and brought in his son, Jeff Crosby, to help out. Jeff became interested in off road racing, and began to branch the business out into that direction, leading us to where we are today.
anyone that has not visited out shop, i invite to do so. we still use machinery from the 1920's (and some newer stuff), and are still in the original building. we have two machines powered by an overhead belt-drive, which were originally run by steam engines, now run by a much more modern electric motor (from the 30's i believe). much of our equipment customers come in and stare at, its pretty neat stuff.
a lot of people think we are just off road springs, but in actuality that is just one piece of the business. We still do muscle cars(our fastest leaf spring car went 10 secs. in the 1/4), antique cars (i had the pleasure of working on a late 1910's rolls-royce), and LOTS of work trucks and RV's. Thanks to all the loyal customers, distributors, and race teams for making us successful.

Oswego

n00b
Yeah I gave them a copy of the receipt with the original purchase.

Sounds like I need to get on the ball and start working on getting either my new Dakars paid for or give them back my old OE leafs for new ones, then sell them on the interwebz.....I like the cash in hand route you went better though.

AleMap

Sounds like I need to get on the ball and start working on getting either my new Dakars paid for or give them back my old OE leafs for new ones, then sell them on the interwebz.....I like the cash in hand route you went better though.

Something is better than nothing.

Silverback

What? Sold it?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Like a square peg in a round hole.

Its been a slice folks but my truck has found a new home.

I hope you mean a new home for the winter while you mush a dog sled around for the next few months.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Or maybe we need to find out what she got so we can join that forum or transform this one. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
What is our common thread on this forum anyway. Was it a particular brand of truck or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.