RIP Photobucket.... What's next?

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
So with the murder of Photobucket what is the next best option?

Has anyone found a way to make Google sharing work?

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
So with the murder of Photobucket what is the next best option?

Has anyone found a way to make Google sharing work?

You can paste links from google photo on here no problem

Taco Loco

Google sharing is just adding someone's email to that folder with or without permission to view, edit, add, etc

unevolved

I've been using imgur for a while without any issues. I'm sure it's not the greatest, but it seems to fill the gap photobucket left rather nicely.

Taco Loco

IMG_2592.jpg

Can't hot link from using phone, but if I choose "upload a file" it will access my google drive, I'm not a tech, just a tard when it comes to PD's and IT stuff, definitely a reliable not trusted source for this crap.

Taco Loco

I've been using imgur for a while without any issues. I'm sure it's not the greatest, but it seems to fill the gap photobucket left rather nicely.
Never heard of such

unevolved

Never heard of such

Imgur.com

Used to be a simple image hosting site, now it's got accounts and its own newsfeed system, commenting, etc. Still works pretty well for hosting.

Taco Loco

Imgur.com

Used to be a simple image hosting site, now it's got accounts and its own newsfeed system, commenting, etc. Still works pretty well for hosting.

Oh ok

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Imgur.com

I tried using it last night. I uploaded some pics and made an album. After that I kept trying to move images to the album but it wouldn't work. It kept telling me I had to remove the album from the gallery or some shit like that. Gave it a real effort and even used the help button to search but no luck. Deleted the account. Dont have time for crap like that for it to end up like PB.

tx_shooter

Staff member
@tx_shooter
On the "Upload to File" button, need to figure out how to add google photo

The "upload a file" button is for pulling a file from your local device. You are thinking of linking from another hosted account type? Or trying to browse into your Google Drive to upload from there?

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I hear good things about Flickr. Screw photobucket. The website is totally unusable now. I don't know what happened with them. If they got new management or something like that, the site is ruined. What really sucks is that now so many helpful write-ups on forums all over the internet are ruined until each OP can re-upload the photos, which probably won't happen for most.

Taco Loco

The "upload a file" button is for pulling a file from your local device. You are thinking of linking from another hosted account type? Or trying to browse into your Google Drive to upload from there?

I use that "upload to file" now to to fetch photos directly off my iphooky

tx_shooter

Staff member
While I am not fully iPhone savy; you should have to turn on the switch for Google Drive in that location to access it as an attached storage. That is a local device setting.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I hear good things about Flickr. Screw photobucket. The website is totally unusable now. I don't know what happened with them. If they got new management or something like that, the site is ruined. What really sucks is that now so many helpful write-ups on forums all over the internet are ruined until each OP can re-upload the photos, which probably won't happen for most.
This is what sucks the most. I was looking at a writeup yesterday that was affected by this.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I just drag and drop from my google photos onto the reply box on the forum for now off my computer.

From my phone, I just click "upload a file" and look at my Gallery photo. Seems to work just fine.

Mauzer

Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er
I've always hosted pics from my albums on Yotatech. Probably the same setup we have here but I've never messed with it.