The 12v Fridge/Freezer Thread

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Skip to 21:16. Dude runs his fridge off one of those battery packs.

CowboyTaco

I thought the Jackery system went up to 500 from the 160...I didn't know there was a 240 version. That seems to be a better deal than the 160 as far as the output that you get. I also didn't realize that the Jackery stuff allows pass-through charging, so you can essentially hook it up as a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) to whatever you were powering. I'm thinking that might be a cheaper option than doing a dual battery setup.

I kind of wish he would have elaborated on its use a little more, but still nice to see it in action.

Back on topic of the fridge, here's one that has me really intrigued. ICECO

Has the SECOP/Danfoss compressor with 5 year warranty. 1 year warranty on everything else. Advertised as being able to operate at up to 40* incline as opposed to the 30* incline advertised by seemingly everyone else. Also advertised as being able to be used in the rain due to the vent design. Metal body, steel latches, corner edge guards, interior LED, along with all the other standard features (battery voltage protection, etc.). Priced at $528 shipped (at time of writing). They even claim "local after-sales service."

upload_2020-8-5_19-39-16.png

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
The Jackery is cheaper as a fridge only option. Nice thing about dual batteries is the ability to "jump start" yourself or add more power when winching. Plus having options for accessory lighting.

Silverback

Oh and as far as the metal body fridge, not sure I would go there. I had one of those Coleman "old school" style metal coolers, aside from it not holding ice for shit, the body dented like a mofo! I'd rather have a polycarbonate or similar fridge shell. Spent $1000 on your metal SnoMaster and then have something slide into it and dent the side.. you might cry. I would. lol

CowboyTaco

Oh and as far as the metal body fridge, not sure I would go there. I had one of those Coleman "old school" style metal coolers, aside from it not holding ice for shit, the body dented like a mofo! I'd rather have a polycarbonate or similar fridge shell. Spent $1000 on your metal SnoMaster and then have something slide into it and dent the side.. you might cry. I would. lol

Chicks dig body damage.

Silverback

I agree.. but not doing that to a fridge.

Silverback

I agree.. great thread. Who thinks to start new ones. Not me. :(

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
After messing with my fridge more and letting defrost for several days, its still not running on 12v. I tried a smaller inverter that I had and it ran the fridge for about 2 minutes before it started beeping at me. While it was running it drew .7 volts less than when it was on 12v. Leading me to suspect it's something with the 12v circuit board or internal inverter of the fridge.
Plugged it into the wall and it cooled down pretty quick.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Skip to 21:16. Dude runs his fridge off one of those battery packs.
while its 30 degrees outside... must power the light inside. ;)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
No idea what they are..... but less electronics the better IMHO.
I was fucking with you about duel batteries versus dual batteries. :)

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Yeah blame the dents on the cooler! lol I thought I had a video where the cooler falls out and all your beer rolls down the hill lol

Oswego

n00b
The inergy stuff is not cheap and I do not like how they "go to market" but if you look into them - people who live in their vans/trucks/small off grid cabins use them daily and when you do real world calcs of Energy = Power x Time(Lifespan) they aren't far off from the major brands.

CowboyTaco

I kept seeing the name Ausranvik pop up in articles on fridges. At $289 shipped, the 37L is intriguing. Only problem is I couldn't find any "real" information on it. So I asked the seller who manufactures the compressor and here is the response that I got:

Q: Who makes the compressor?
A: Dear customer,
The compressor is manufactured by Chinese company Arodan.
Best wishes
Ausranvik Customer Service Team
By Ausranvik on August 6, 2020

upload_2020-8-6_10-34-20.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZWSZWC...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

So on one hand, I like that they are quick to respond to inquiries. On the other, I really don't want a junk compressor. Not saying that one is junk, but I'd really like to get something with a better reputation.

Silverback

Yeah blame the dents on the cooler! lol I thought I had a video where the cooler falls out and all your beer rolls down the hill lol

Never had the cooler fall out. My shit was turn-buckled in. Just fucktards who grabbed beer out and didn't use the fancy bungie cord system to keep the lid closed... Coleman classic style POS!

CowboyTaco

I thought the Jackery system went up to 500 from the 160...I didn't know there was a 240 version. That seems to be a better deal than the 160 as far as the output that you get. I also didn't realize that the Jackery stuff allows pass-through charging, so you can essentially hook it up as a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) to whatever you were powering. I'm thinking that might be a cheaper option than doing a dual battery setup.

I kind of wish he would have elaborated on its use a little more, but still nice to see it in action.

Back on topic of the fridge, here's one that has me really intrigued. ICECO

Has the SECOP/Danfoss compressor with 5 year warranty. 1 year warranty on everything else. Advertised as being able to operate at up to 40* incline as opposed to the 30* incline advertised by seemingly everyone else. Also advertised as being able to be used in the rain due to the vent design. Metal body, steel latches, corner edge guards, interior LED, along with all the other standard features (battery voltage protection, etc.). Priced at $528 shipped (at time of writing). They even claim "local after-sales service."

View attachment 27213

ICECO is going to be offering a 25% discount code for ih8mud members starting on 8/14. No need to be a member, just use the code "ih8mud" for the discount. The metal sides are the VL series. They also have the JP series that looks to be the same design as many of the others (what I'm referring to as the Indel-B design because I think that is who makes it and it has a "B" in the side vent).

IceCo Fridges and Freezers - Next Group Buy August 14th

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
ICECO is going to be offering a 25% discount code for ih8mud members starting on 8/14. No need to be a member, just use the code "ih8mud" for the discount. The metal sides are the VL series. They also have the JP series that looks to be the same design as many of the others (what I'm referring to as the Indel-B design because I think that is who makes it and it has a "B" in the side vent).

IceCo Fridges and Freezers - Next Group Buy August 14th

sweet

Silverback

Someone buy one and do a review. :)