The 12v Fridge/Freezer Thread

CowboyTaco

Not ordering this many fridges, but wanted to see the price on them after discount code applied. Still not working. Dude on IH8MUD has an email over to the guy.

upload_2020-8-14_7-42-0.png

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
E2FC88B6-1AD4-4A58-8C33-25A35EC134AE.png

I bet a lot of stuff gets sold quick, once coupon is active.

Taco Loco

Ordered JP40 - $397, free shipping.

Next step is waiting on the shipping.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
My brother ordered the VL60 for $621 shipped. I have been spending enough money lately so I will catch the next group buy.

CowboyTaco

Ordered JP40 as well.

Dude organizing the GB said he is running his off a Jackery 160 and powered the fridge for 8.5 hours before it ran out. If I go that route, I'll probably get the larger 240.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Ordered JP40 - $397, free shipping.

Next step is waiting on the shipping.
I just saw it for $297 free shipping.

Just screwing with you. ;) :)

Taco Loco

Well packed, box within a box.

China made, probably a compressor clone..., don’t know just guessing.

I do like the built in fuse.

Handles need to be installed, cover needs to be placed on, extra long 12v DC extension cord provided, appears the shroud around the compressor looks removable for cleaning/service, the exterior plastic density does not seem as strong as ARB, not that a hammer test is in mind.

It does provide amp draw information, and electric schematics, which good for alternative power. The real review depends if can last a minimum 8 years

Powered on at 6:23pm, high setting. current temp 91F and Set cooler to 32F.
9D9E4BD1-A01B-4F01-BFF5-18ECA0593E6B.jpeg
9E1323C4-8A21-4C55-AB3B-8F5F0097EBC7.jpeg
B3395EDE-E5D3-4CE2-A802-93485D7513D1.jpeg
22653771-B992-4577-AD6E-D83846A9A711.jpeg
80574054-46F5-44EE-BAF4-E643E0B3FDD8.jpeg
169FAFDB-9C03-42C5-A6C0-C99EDF5C84FE.jpeg
1ECC4D99-E542-4F35-80CC-45586F8CF43D.jpeg

Taco Loco

Within 40 minutes after plugin, it was at 32F outside in the garage.

CowboyTaco

Maybe @Silverback will buy one and give it the hammer test :D

ICECO seems to hang their hat on the SECOP/Danfoss compressor (which does appear to be made in China); so I really hope it has that compressor, as that was one of the main draws to that brand. Maybe take the cover off and see if there is any branding on it? Mine shows that it is currently in Arizona and should be delivered by Friday.

CowboyTaco

I can't find the video, but when I was watching "real world reviews" by people on YouTube, someone said that they were less than impressed with the insulation on their fridge/freezer. I can't remember if that was the ICECO or another, but I'm pretty sure it was the same since all the brands seem to be 1 of 4 designs. Anyway, they put that stick on foam insulation on the outside of the fridge and covered it with the insulated bag.

Something like this stuff: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King...l-YNmhkrE8JgHYsA3T8aAjeCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyway, I thought that was a slick idea and might help reduce power consumption by increasing the insulating properties of the fridge.

Taco Loco

How is the fridge doing so far? It would be interesting to put it on a power meter to log how much power it is using over a specific amount of time.

still sitting in hot garage as pictured, not bagged, haven’t moved it yet, plan is to move it out to the shop, use it as my beer fridge out there and turn the fridge off in the RV camper lol

I do not have an amp draw meter, I should place it in eco mode to see how it does though.