The Home Improvement Thread

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
Built a new fish cleaning table... Went alittle over board its all stainless steel with gray PVC board. This thing will be around alot longer than I'll need it.
IMAG0749_zps547791f1.jpg

IMAG0748_zpsc8be9e74.jpg

I still need to add a little shelf on the bottom to hold bags and a few knifes

Last edited:

garzanium

Looks good Andy. Have you considered caulking between the table board and the side trim? If fish guts get between there. .. it's going to smell reaaally bad...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
Looks good Andy. Have you considered caulking between the table board and the side trim? If fish guts get between there. .. it's going to smell reaaally bad...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

haha thats what bleach is for haha. I want to let water flow off the back and sides I drilled 3/4" holes every 6" on the sides and back.

garzanium

haha thats what bleach is for haha. I want to let water flow off the back and sides I drilled 3/4" holes every 6" on the sides and back.

ahhh, nice. I see that now. Hope to see some big shark on that table in the lodge. Man, I need to get to the coast..its been too long.

Sent from my GT-P7510

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
Anyone ever install radiant barrier foil in an attic?

No; I have been looking at it for a while and I have a hard time making the numbers work for my house. It is very rare our electric bill is over $150 so the ROI is pretty stretched out.

I'll do that when I need to get the insulation done. I'm going to do the foil-up myself in a week or 2...

I've got 2 rolls of this arriving tomorrow: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CI6LCYW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hired a Mexican (Josh(Silencer7)) to help me install it on Saturday morning and will have enough left over to do the garage on a rainy day later on...

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
How are you planning to adhere that to the roof? Just staple it to the rafters?

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
that's what the instructions say

Silverback

that's what the instructions say

That should go up pretty fast then.

Wasn't sure if it was that style or the kind that you adhere to the decking material. My roof is built with TechShield Radiant Barrier and it is just a backing on the wood. I think that barrier like you are using would be better since it provided that layer of air between the decking and itself, allowing heat to rise up out of it. Do you have ridge vents?

Silverback

Supposed to do stuff in the winter time. Our attic is huge, would need a ladder to access the high points.

Yeah my new attic is probably 15' above the ceiling level.. no way my ass would want to haul a ladder up there!

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
Do you have ridge vents?

Squirrel cages that may be replaced with solar fans if they don't keep up.

I'll get ridge vents after the hurricane replaces my roof

Silverback

Squirrel cages that may be replaced with solar fans if they don't keep up.

I'll get ridge vents after the hurricane replaces my roof

Our last home went through a hail storm and I had my roof replaced. Guy who did it charged me just for materials to add in ridge vents ($120 or so IIRC). Money well spent. Energy bill dropped about 25% the next month.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
That should go up pretty fast then.

Wasn't sure if it was that style or the kind that you adhere to the decking material. My roof is built with TechShield Radiant Barrier and it is just a backing on the wood. I think that barrier like you are using would be better since it provided that layer of air between the decking and itself, allowing heat to rise up out of it. Do you have ridge vents?

I have the same type of radiant barrier on my roof and I'm looking at putting in an air gap radiant barrier also. I have been in my attic during the summer and it is hotter than any standing building has a right to be.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
That looks great. Post a link to the product you used.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
"Titty sprinkles" rofl

Looks good Sean!

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I'd make a slip and slide with that floor! lol :)

Silverback

Its very shiny, however with all those titty sprinkles it has good traction. I went over there about 30 minutes ago and its already hard enough to walk on. I went out on it barefoot and the sprinkles gave pretty good traction. I'm sure that since they are on top that some will wear down and break off over time. I had 10.5 pounds of sprinkles, I used about 5 and then went back and threw the rest in the air like a ticker tape parade. So some will not stick because it was already setting up. But most did. I can always bury them in a coat of clear, but thats $900 I really don't want to spend.

You can see the flakes embedded in the epoxy here
2cb58b45-9dcd-42c6-9fa6-37d99955f242.jpg~original

2dde9fe1-8bfc-4111-b265-4dc9ce44f484.jpg~original

Last edited: