TOR Victory Gardens

Oswego

n00b
Should def put a good dent in the pop. I was reading they can live to be 20+ years old depending on species so hopefully it lasts for a little bit.

I stopped giving them warning shots so now they really run when they see me because they know I mean business, but as soon as I go inside they run back into the yard. I can see them run through my window as soon as my door handle clicks open lol

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I picked enough jalapeños this morning for another batch, the 1st batch of candied jalapeño were excellent!

A7666018-6EF1-4FF8-A1CA-5E4316CDFB0F.jpeg

Taco Loco

After boiling the jalapeños and brine this evening, I think my sinuses are clear now lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
lol I bet!!

Oswego

n00b
Temps in the low 40's at night here this week. New berry patch growth has slowed significantly and the leaves are turning red

upload_2020-10-9_8-46-19.png

Oswego

n00b
berry patch starting to go dormant for the year with 2 of 11 going completely red and the others starting to follow. liking the color change to red. all my other blueberry bush's outside the patch Ive had for years turn yellow.

upload_2020-10-23_11-39-15.png

upload_2020-10-23_11-39-43.png

Oswego

n00b
"God made dirt and dirt don't hurt" .....no idea who first said it but my dad would always say it when my mom would flip out he brought me home so dirty. I was one of those kids who would turn a mud puddle into a day at the beach

Oswego

n00b
weeded the entire bed this morning for the last time. my work is done in the garden for this season with exception of removing their leaves when they fall to lessen chances of disease.

if I get bored over winter I may pack out the 2 rows of blueberry with 3 more plants but thats in Jan-Feb when they are 100% dormant and if the grounds not a block of ice.

all 11 blueberry bush's are in various states of going dormant for the winter for a nice color pop. blackberry bush's look the same as summer so no pics

upload_2020-11-8_10-54-49.png

AlienXtx

Nignog
Wonder if those would work on hogs lol

Oswego

n00b
Wonder if those would work on hogs lol

I wonder how long they will work until the bears learn that it's BS.

Tell you one thing... if I ran across one of them last night out on the trails I would of crapped myself. I was joking with my buddy that it's all fun and games spotting until you see a set of red eyes staring back at you lol

Oswego

n00b
Nice! you can sure stretch out the season in open beds down there.

Taco Loco

blackberry bush's and one blueberry bush still holding onto their leaves.

View attachment 31207

The foliage left on is referred to as marcescence, not all deciduous plants are synced with weather changes. No worries, other than those plants might be a bit weaker than the others, only if see you that happen year after year, but with them being so young, it shouldn’t be a concern.

Oswego

n00b
That particular blueberry bush "looked and grew" the healthiest all year. Not sure whats really healthy until I let them produce berries. Also the one bush I let have two flowers/berries ripen because it was doing so good. At first I was concerned that I may have done their first fertilizing too soon so I threw off their schedule but I drove by a professional blueberry farm last night on my snow drive and they were all barren of leaves like mine with a few that still had them. Time will tell.