TOR Victory Gardens

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I can’t believe I’m still getting maters, they have yet to freeze, no more flowers, but I should get another bowl of them depending on the weather.

New Years Pick.
3F8936BF-8DD4-41B7-ADD1-5471FA2B2147.jpeg

Taco Loco

Vegetable/fruit sets are now available in the big box and feed stores. Onions, strawberries, asparagus, potatoes, etc. buy them now, store them on the garage floor until planting.

Oswego

n00b
Ill prob do a quick early spring planting for "looks"/marketing. You might actually see me grow some legit tomatoes for the first time in my life lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
Do duck eggs count? Mine dropped two today for the first time in the snow. Swedish ducks so I guess that makes sense lol
6320932861.jpg

Taco Loco

Do duck eggs count? Mine dropped two today for the first time in the snow. Swedish ducks so I guess that makes sense lol
View attachment 31965

not really a garden, but ok, home grown food is the key, but chicken/duck eggs are good. :)

AlienXtx

Nignog
Never had a duck egg. How does it compare? I would assume mostly the same?
Found another one this morning in a ice puddle. Either that just how ducks lay eggs are the are retarded. lol

They are good, have a richer yolk then chicken imo, but my farm eggs do too compared to store bought. Yolks are more orange then yellow.

Oswego

n00b
Lowes had a TON of seeds on display this morning. Every display was filled to the max. Get em while you can if you need them. Heck even if you don't need them now, not a bad idea to grab some ones that store well and become your own little seed bank. Ive been collecting for years. Someday.....

Oswego

n00b
interesting what a little black chicken wire does to the snow. we get another 60* day and all the snow may finally melt away

1614207659107.png

I need to get outdoors and start some spring prep. Roses, blueberry bush's, my grass's need to get trimmed quick. Should of trimmed the blueberry bush's weeks ago.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Little bit of thermal mass from the sun.. interesting.

Oswego

n00b
Amazing that our state decriminalized/legalized recreational use of marijuana for adults this past Monday yet we are still not allowed to grow it. Just read the law this morning & it's a sham. Even our medicinal users can't grow. We sure like to stifle self sufficiency and create dependents here. Guess I know what still won't get planted in all the extra room I left in the garden.

Oswego

n00b
60* yesterday and 50* today...spring is here finally.

Got my rose bush & blueberries aggressively trimmed back. Def should of done the blueberries in Jan. They already had some buds growing so I set them back a little by not trimming earlier. Live and learn.

1614275634782.png

also did a branch/stick clean up wherever I had exposed ground in the yard and added them to the berry patch's mulch-bed.

Pretty stoked to start seeing some of the hundreds of bulbs pop up for the first time this spring in my 500sqft wildflower bed. Should be any day now. Fingers crossed the tree rats didn't dig them all up and eat them last year.

Oswego

n00b
Looked out my window this morning at the berry patch and did a double take.....

I thought I heard something strange outside last night but I didn't look inside the garden cause it's fenced in.

Within the first year of planting Ive had two crop circles like this appear overnight.....

Must be some small aliens....circle is about 3' diameter

1614611424099.png

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Looked out my window this morning at the berry patch and did a double take.....

I thought I heard something strange outside last night but I didn't look inside the garden cause it's fenced in.

Within the first year of planting Ive had two crop circles like this appear overnight.....

Must be some small aliens....circle is about 3' diameter

View attachment 33045
Something was making a nice nest to laydown in for the night. Wonder what you'll see on your game cam pics.

Oswego

n00b
sadly when I put the chicken wire fence up around the garden I diverted the cameras from plant defense to home defense

I did get a ice shot of me snow blowing though. I need to change up the locations when it stops raining and dries up. Not happy with either location I have them in now.
1614624468488.png