TOR Victory Gardens

Oswego

n00b
Legal here now, but growing will still land you the same jail time as prior to legalization

We like dependents up here. Heaven forbid the citizens become self sufficient

Oswego

n00b
Got berries starting on my blueberry and BlackBerry bush's. Bees are going crazy pollinating. Yellow mist is here. Cars completely coated every day. Wasps also setting up housing for summer. Got one w my paintball marker that was setting up home base undercmy house eves and one by hand setting up under the eve of my shed.

Btw, paintballs will dent aluminum lol

PSU Taco85

Got berries starting on my blueberry and BlackBerry bush's. Bees are going crazy pollinating. Yellow mist is here. Cars completely coated every day. Wasps also setting up housing for summer. Got one w my paintball marker that was setting up home base undercmy house eves and one by hand setting up under the eve of my shed.

Btw, paintballs will dent aluminum lol

I used to pop the carpenting bees with a BB gun back in the day. Now I just have a trap set up. I can believe that a paintball would dent some aluminum, gun velocities are rising and metal thicknesses are lowering every day lol

Oswego

n00b
.68 caliber paintball at 300fps can explode cans at 10 yards. Prob dent a new car point blank

Harder ammo can be lethal

Still got a scar from 5 or so years ago that never went away from a tank shooting hot at ION that got behind the lines and lit up my back.

Oswego

n00b
Wildflowers going wild. Going to be pretty crazy sooner than later. They are already trying to escape the borderless bed lol

20210501_084258.jpg

Never took the time to look up what's blooming. Like the surprise when I walk it every morning looking for new stuff.

This little guys 15" tall and looks ready to start something
20210501_084352.jpg

No clue what this is but it looks trippy
20210501_084147.jpg

PSU Taco85

.68 caliber paintball at 300fps can explode cans at 10 yards. Prob dent a new car point blank

Harder ammo can be lethal

Still got a scar from 5 or so years ago that never went away from a tank shooting hot at ION that got behind the lines and lit up my back.

speaking of paintball, this place is almost open. Right at the corner of Marshall mill and Delsea drive

Oswego

n00b
20210503_092036.jpg

20210502_150638.jpg

At least this years wildflowers are making up for last years bulb failure. Got a few hundred of these similar wildflowers starting to grow in all different stages.
20210503_092337.jpg

And some other random stuff. Bees are plentiful
20210503_092218.jpg

20210430_124804.jpg

20210427_185559.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Nice, hopefully your eating them, or maybe a beehive nearby to get honey,
this is a Victory Garden thread, not pretty picture flower thread. "Victory gardens, also called war gardens or food gardens for defense, were vegetable, fruit, and herb gardens planted at private residences..."

Taco Loco

@Oswego

Just messing with ya, I would like to see that whole bed in bloom when the forsale sign hits the front yard.

CowboyTaco

Nice, hopefully your eating them, or maybe a beehive nearby to get honey,
this is a Victory Garden thread, not pretty picture flower thread. "Victory gardens, also called war gardens or food gardens for defense, were vegetable, fruit, and herb gardens planted at private residences..."

LOL. You're not wrong, Walter....

Taco Loco

LOL. You're not wrong, Walter....

Nah, having flowers are important to attract pollinators for the fruit/veggie garden, and those pollinators are good for controlling unwanted pests/insects.

Oswego

n00b
No bees we all die

Last ones blueberry lol

I'm sure many are edible including all the wild blueberries I planted in the same bed, but who wants to see that stuff till it has berries?

Oswego

n00b
Blackberries getting ready to flower for the first time. Going to be interesting to see how good they fruit
20210508_192147.jpg

Blueberries going crazy this year. Should be a pretty bountiful season.
20210508_192031.jpg

20210508_191952.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Aphids!!! Little sobs invaded my rose bush again so I just ppe'd up and hosed it down. Was hoping coffee grounds around the bed would defend against them but that was a joke.

Fingers crossed they stay away from my garden. Berries are getting ready to pick any day now so I'd like to avoid a chemical bath on them regardless if I'm using a natural ones like neem oil

Taco Loco

Aphids!!! Little sobs invaded my rose bush again so I just ppe'd up and hosed it down. Was hoping coffee grounds around the bed would defend against them but that was a joke.

Fingers crossed they stay away from my garden. Berries are getting ready to pick any day now so I'd like to avoid a chemical bath on them regardless if I'm using a natural ones like neem oil

Use diatomaceous earth on any part of the plant except the flowers. Also you add 3-4 drops of dawn soap with water to a spray bottle, spray everything but the flowers also. You can spray first, then after it dries out, powder with DE or do one or the other, don't matter.

Oswego

n00b
Use diatomaceous earth on any part of the plant except the flowers. Also you add 3-4 drops of dawn soap with water to a spray bottle, spray everything but the flowers also. You can spray first, then after it dries out, powder with DE or do one or the other, don't matter.
I've still got the leftover spray I used last year I used again yesterday. It worked pretty good last year. Only needed one application so hoping I'm done w the issue till next year. Pretty safe but still calls for crazy PPE

Oswego

n00b
Picked my last blueberry today. Had berries to pick almost daily from the beginning of June till today. Ate about 5-10 a day with my yogurt and have 4 quarts frozen. Only got a quart of blackberries frozen but those got a late start and were only 1-2' tall.

That said the blackberry yield next season should be insane. Had to put a larger trellis up today because they were too crowded with my little 53" tall one. New trellis is 96" out of the ground and they prob would of grown to 10' tall if I let them.

Left the old trellis up for the lower stuff starting out.

20210902_123605.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Pushed a quart of frozen blueberries from the garden on my mom last week even though she said she had enough to last her months. I told her to take them and make me something.

she just dropped off a dozen muffins this morning so I'm skipping lunch
20211207_202324.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Primacain fruiting blackberries...