Toyota Part Numbers and Alternatives

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Anyone know the part number for the bolts to hold the IFS skid in place? I misplaced mine and can't seem to locate the part number to order new ones.

Silverback

I think I'll call Bud tomorrow and ask him.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
They are way too small. IIRC mine busted out and I have 3/8" through bolts.

Silverback

I'll check that out.

Silverback

Bolt/nut and washer to connect lower control arm to shock assembly.

Bolt 90105-A0113 $4.79

Washer 9462241400 $2.27

Nut 90178A0058 $1.72

Oswego

n00b
Bolt/nut and washer to connect lower control arm to shock assembly.

Bolt 90105-A0113 $4.79

Washer 9462241400 $2.27

Nut 90178A0058 $1.72
Good timing.

You guys remember my post where I posted a pic of them and said I don't think they are correct and Toyota screwed up for all the years of the Tacoma production?

I'm not sure I will be using the OE bolts ever again at that location. Pretty sure their incorrect shoulder dimensions are why everyone cracks lower heim joint misalignment spacers and they seize up.

These are brand new with one half of the King misalignment spacer on it. The other side of the spacer is on it's own and the load is not evenly spread out. All the force is on one side of the shock and I cant understand why that would be correct. No one Ive asked has said anything about it so that leads me to think no one knows lol

full

full

Silverback

You guys remember my post where I posted a pic of them and said I don't think they are correct and Toyota screwed up for all the years of the Tacoma production?

I'm not sure I will be using the OE bolts ever again at that location. Pretty sure their incorrect shoulder dimensions are why everyone cracks lower heim joint misalignment spacers and they seize up.

These are brand new with one half of the King misalignment spacer on it. The other side of the spacer is on it's own and the load is not evenly spread out. All the force is on one side of the shock and I cant understand why that would be correct. No one Ive asked has said anything about it so that leads me to think no one knows lol

full

full

What size bolt did you use?

Oswego

n00b
What size bolt did you use?

I haven't yet. Still got the new ones sitting in the bag until I can figure out why they stopped the shoulder so short along with 5k worth of TC and King parts. It's half the length I would think it needs to be. I had to cut my old ones out and after some inspection I noticed I had worn through half the bolt when my misalignment spacer disintegrated. Then they fused together with rust from sitting for 3 years. I was amazed at the wear from salt/sand/mud. Pretty sure they were replaced when I did my front end, but my hard rives fubar so all my records are in limbo right now (this idiot never backed anything up & now paying the price).

balakay

BabyMax
I haven't yet. Still got the new ones sitting in the bag until I can figure out why they stopped the shoulder so short along with 5k worth of TC and King parts. It's half the length I would think it needs to be. I had to cut my old ones out and after some inspection I noticed I had worn through half the bolt when my misalignment spacer disintegrated. Then they fused together with rust from sitting for 3 years. I was amazed at the wear from salt/sand/mud. Pretty sure they were replaced when I did my front end, but my hard rives fubar so all my records are in limbo right now (this idiot never backed anything up & now paying the price).

How fubar'd? They make pretty cheap tools to recover the data from your old hard drive yourself. Gave $20 or so for mine.

Oswego

n00b
How fubar'd? They make pretty cheap tools to recover the data from your old hard drive yourself. Gave $20 or so for mine.

No clue. I'm tech tarded thus pay tech tared prices. I got a quote that was $399-$1400 and I just felt like I had been punched. Ive not sent it to anyone yet. Unreadable and unrecognizable right now.

Oswego

n00b
another one bites the dust

full

and takes out the entire heim hole lol
full

Silverback

Hmm.. well now that I have the proper bolt maybe I'll measure it and see what alternatives I can find.

Oswego

n00b
my buddy that posted those pics to our fb group has been throwing new OE bolts and king heims at his front end forever. think he was going through a set a year if not more. Ive only had one set go bad but my truck never moves these days so...........lol

Silverback

Well mine appeared fine last time I checked. I'll find out soon enough.

Oswego

n00b
He basically lives at the beach and is on fire roads when not at the beach + add in NYC roads and his stuff always wears out quickly compared to others. I also think he's got WAY to much lift on the shocks so they bottom out too much so thats going to be a factor.

balakay

BabyMax
Have you thought of having some custom machines to the specs needed? I know it's not cheap but I've had to do it before. Local place had them cut the same afternoon. Maybe an idea if you cant find what you need off the shelf.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
He basically lives at the beach and is on fire roads when not at the beach + add in NYC roads and his stuff always wears out quickly compared to others. I also think he's got WAY to much lift on the shocks so they bottom out too much so thats going to be a factor.

Yeah - more abuse than designed for tends to wear out abused parts. Curious what his travel is compared to what he is trying to force out of it.

Oswego

n00b
Have you thought of having some custom machines to the specs needed? I know it's not cheap but I've had to do it before. Local place had them cut the same afternoon. Maybe an idea if you cant find what you need off the shelf.

Honestly Ive been so busy I haven't even looked at my truck in 2 months. Kinda overwhelmed right now at work.

Yeah - more abuse than designed for tends to wear out abused parts. Curious what his travel is compared to what he is trying to force out of it.

He was a member here...Brutalguyracing. Has them in his 4Runner. I can tell you his truck rode like a truck with no suspension on the trails he had them lifted so much. Hard to remember what mine felt like, but I could easily do 70mph on fire trails and be fine compared to when I'm in his truck feel like would break my back doing 5mph and we had the same exact front shocks. Think I was in his over summer at a camping trip.