What have you done to your ride lately?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'll need to look, hers is a 2019.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Got after the land cruiser with the clay bar and waxed it today. Paint was feeling rough and the clay got it back to smooth.

Also got the 4runner cleaned up and ready for pictures next week to list it for sale.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Triennial TACO wash & wax done, lol

20230110_105536.jpg
20230110_105544.jpg
20230110_124739.jpg

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I got tired of having water flow out the bottom of my rear hatch and driver door when going through a car wash in the 4Runner. I installed new weather stripping on those two windows today and boy oh boy does that get me going. Now the nicest parts on my 4R! Going to discount tire to get my tires rotated in a bit. Only because I’m too lazy to do it myself and I can use that time for some studying today. All this in preparation of driving the 4R to Atlanta in 10 days. Gonna send it with no air conditioning because it’s January and I’m rolling the dice on it not being 80° when I make the drive.

CowboyTaco

I got tired of having water flow out the bottom of my rear hatch and driver door when going through a car wash in the 4Runner. I installed new weather stripping on those two windows today and boy oh boy does that get me going. Now the nicest parts on my 4R! Going to discount tire to get my tires rotated in a bit. Only because I’m too lazy to do it myself and I can use that time for some studying today. All this in preparation of driving the 4R to Atlanta in 10 days. Gonna send it with no air conditioning because it’s January and I’m rolling the dice on it not being 80° when I make the drive.

What are you doing in ATL and how long will you be here?

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member

Did you use weatherstripping specifc for the make/model? I need to replace the striping on a few of my 4R's doors and rear hatch. I swear it is a restore one part at a time.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
What are you doing in ATL and how long will you be here?
I’ll be in training for a new job so I’ll be there 22 Jan - 27 Feb
Did you use weatherstripping specifc for the make/model? I need to replace the striping on a few of my 4R's doors and rear hatch. I swear it is a restore one part at a time.
Yes the pieces I replaced were called “belt seals” or something along those lines. I didn’t know what to call them and was having difficulty reading the parts diagram so I just drove to a local dealer and asked what they were called. They ended up having the two I needed in stock so I went ahead and got them and didn’t bother price shopping. I paid just around $100 for the two pieces I bought. They’re incredibly easy to replace on the 4th Gen.

Silverback

What is the new job?

Silverback

Congratulations... Delta is a good one to work for.

Silverback

Thats cool. You are single, you can take those overseas gigs that you are gone for 3-4 days at a time and make some bank! My neighbor is a captain at United, she flies the 737, used to fly 777/767/757 but those were overseas trips mainly. Now she likes to stay close to home so she flies the US and the Caribbean.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Thats cool. You are single, you can take those overseas gigs that you are gone for 3-4 days at a time and make some bank! My neighbor is a captain at United, she flies the 737, used to fly 777/767/757 but those were overseas trips mainly. Now she likes to stay close to home so she flies the US and the Caribbean.
My old job kept me out on the road anywhere from 5-8 days at a time. I’m going to purposely bid for the 5-7 day trips at Delta so I can maximize my earnings when away from home since I’ll be flying out of New York.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Guess I need a new windshield. No one in front of me, and an oncoming 18 wheeler was sort of close. Whatever it was had to bigger than the average rock. Super loud and scared TF out of me.

20230120_185552.jpg

Silverback

Fuck!! lugnut?

Last edited: