Kayak Fishing

Nightwar

thanks for the advice. I really want one to fish out of. The lady said her husband fishes out of them all the time, maybe she told me the wrong one...

SamSter0077

Frack me..
you can fish out of damn near anything.. it's mostly about personal preference. Best advice... go to ACK demo Days in missouri city Sep 22nd 9am at independence park. Lots of Kayak's and people, you need to try a bunch of them to figure out what works best for you.

here are the used ones for sale, http://www.austinkayak.com/used_kayaks.php they have one like the one you are looking at for 699... I bet they have one at Demo Days. Try it before you buy.

Tarpon is the same thing, but the SOT (Sit on Top) version.. check out this picture, see the difference? The SOT are better for fishing in the gulf.
LL

SamSter0077

Frack me..
Bianca has a Maluibu Kayak X-Factor (it's huge!), and I am using an Ocean Kayak Prowler T13 now-a-days. I used to have the Malibu Kayak Stealth 12, but it leaked and then the company almost went out of business so....... I switched to Ocean Kayak. I love it, it's much faster than my Malibu's but.. to be fair, I haven't kayaked out from the beach in it yet. I have done the bay, and Matagorda's Colorado river.. I am going Sept 15th from Galveston Island State Park into the bay. and I plan on going again from SLP 10-6 (county boat launch).

if you are looking for one, this is a good place to find used ones already setup.
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Nightwar

I probably wont be ocean fishing much. she said I could try it out, so I might just take her up on it and see if I like it. It seems I know nothing fishing out of a kayak though.

SamSter0077

Frack me..
I probably wont be ocean fishing much. she said I could try it out, so I might just take her up on it and see if I like it. It seems I know nothing fishing out of a kayak though.

after your first fish, you'll be hooked.. pardon the pun. try it out!

Nightwar

I went kayaking in the Tsunami 140 this morning. It was really fun, but I can see the issues with fishing out of it. The only place to put my small tackle box is strapped on top or between my feet. I have no clue how you would put poles on it, but I am sure there are holders and stuff. Kayak seemed really stable to me, and it was easy to go against the small current and wind. Now I just have to find a sit on top one to test out.

texasislandboy

donde esta la NGAGE IT
ran the new scooter last weekend. will get up in around 5-6 inches and run in about 3" any less than that and it wont turn... tell me how I know haha I stuck it at the flats on the island in about a inch of water

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
ok... once again..

fuck

that

shit