The Lodge

AlienXtx

Nignog
Let's hear about your hunting and fishing trips,plans.
Show off bows and guns.. Well you get the idea.
Bow hunting is my big thing. Who else likes to hunt/fish how do you go about it and were do you go?

And if your some whinny ass tree hugging HIPPY stay the Fuck out we don't wanna hear it!!
Only members of P.E.T.A. are allowed (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Heres the bow I'm shooting now, it's a 2009 Rytera AlienX, I'm shooting a 70lb draw at 29"
CIMG0050-2.jpg

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yeah a few times, most of the time the don't get more then a few hundred yards. I shot a doe this year that ran about 20yrd did a u turn and bled out has she ran back past me.. Looked like a hose spraying and wasn't very hard to find her, the buck I got this year ran around behind my stand and I lost sight of him and had to do some tracking because the angle of the hit caused him to bleed out inside, ended up finding him in a creek about 200 yrd away, you could see were he stood and finished bleeding out then took a roll down the bank...lol it was a bitch getting him back out.

taco4x4rar

Yeah a few times, most of the time the don't get more then a few hundred yards. I shot a doe this year that ran about 20yrd did a u turn and bled out has she ran back past me.. Looked like a hose spraying and wasn't very hard to find her, the buck I got this year ran around behind my stand and I lost sight of him and had to do some tracking because the angle of the hit caused him to bleed out inside, ended up finding him in a creek about 200 yrd away, you could see were he stood and finished bleeding out then took a roll down the bank...lol it was a bitch getting him back out.

Damn, thats pretty good, I shot a doe last season that got almost a half mile away before she dropped.

thekidcatcher

Dude, badass idea Keith. So when are you gonna tell them your hunting is on a computer or TV screen. Man, I wanna post up all my killing pics and shit now. is that allowed Drew? Can we can we can we??

AlienXtx

Nignog
Posting pics was the whole idea buddacup, I'm a pretty good shot with a bow but you have to put in alot of time behind it practicing and that is something I have been slacking off on, I have to get a new sight soon because bow season starts in September and I havnt shot since January...lol I like to shoot atleast 10 arrows from 10,20,30,40 yrds each everyday for atleast a month before and I should be shooting atleast 1-2 arrows a day from 20-30 yards everyday.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yea my shot was not what I would call ideal.

What happens Randy? Get the shakes.. It happens to me sometime but mostly when I'm hog hunting for some reason, don't really happen with deer.

taco4x4rar

What happens Randy? Get the shakes.. It happens to me sometime but mostly when I'm hog hunting for some reason, don't really happen with deer.

Serious lack of practice, I typically gun hunt. I had only picked the bow back up about a week before that little adventure.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Serious lack of practice, I typically gun hunt. I had only picked the bow back up about a week before that little adventure.

Yeah man you have to put in some time with a bow, once you get into to it you won't want to gun hunt anymore. I have a $1200 gun sitting in my case that's just collecting dust. If you want good practice go out and shoot armdillos....very fun also helps with keeping quiet while stalking.

Last edited:

thekidcatcher

IMGP0154.jpg

IMGP0155.jpg

Got this little beauty sometime back. Was walking up to a feeder to hopefully just shoot a Javelina. Came across it walkin up the road. It saw me for a split second so I ducked away then peered back out and put a well placed .17 grain bullet to good use.

AlienXtx

Nignog
I need to get my safari pictures. Those would be cool to put up.

What would be cool is you letting me go next time...lol inwanna shoot a hardabeast

thekidcatcher

Man, with the way that the government is going over there I dunno even if I will be going back. Been awhile lol. Till then you are welcome to come out to my ranch and help me kill stuff lol