Tools!

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
My plumber texted me that while he was in Home Depot getting the parts he needed for my house, his van was broken into and they stole most of his Milwaukee tools. Shit just doesn't stop. :facepalm:

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
My plumber texted me that while he was in Home Depot getting the parts he needed for my house, his van was broken into and they stole most of his Milwaukee tools. Shit just doesn't stop. :facepalm:

My uncle owns an AC company in the big ugly his whole van was stolen last month.
He bought some property in Brenham, he is ready to move out soon as he finds the right house builder.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member

Shame he could not put some holes in the thieves.

Anathollo

Staff member
Ordered a M12 electrical wire stapler. Fuck having to hammer staples into old wood. I bet I wasted about 30 mins yesterday having to drive in multiple staples because they kept bending or warping.

Also got a Honda lawnmower on order as well.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
^^ Both solid buys! :thumbup:

PSU Taco85

Picked up this Klein tools multi driver. So far I like it and it’ll keep me from losing a socket maybe lol
92936DCD-A0AF-479F-8BD1-7827D6B6D756.jpeg

Anathollo

Staff member
She is chonky. Didn't think it would be this heavy in the hand or awkward to hold. But whatever, as long as she works. I'm glad I bought a box of staples with it because the bare tool didn't come with any. This gun will also secure low voltage cable which is pretty sweet and will come in handy later.
20220920_181145.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
Have to build some decorations for the wedding this weekend and my 20 year old cheap B&D jigsaw is just about as fucked as one can get so I was looking to upgrade. Saw the M18 one for $200 but wasn’t willing to spend that much for a bare tool. Then saw that HD had it as a special buy this week for $169 with a free 5.0Ah battery so I ordered it.
4BE96BE2-CFAD-49D6-962D-4FF42B6D5DE9.jpeg

Silverback

That is a good deal. I have one of their M12 jig saws. Works well enough for the few times I have needed it.

balakay

BabyMax
That is a good deal. I have one of their M12 jig saws. Works well enough for the few times I have needed it.
That was my backup plan. They had the M12 for $99 with a free battery but it was only a 2.0Ah and I have plenty of those. I need some 4.0Ah M12 batteries.

Anathollo

Staff member
Have to build some decorations for the wedding this weekend and my 20 year old cheap B&D jigsaw is just about as fucked as one can get so I was looking to upgrade. Saw the M18 one for $200 but wasn’t willing to spend that much for a bare tool. Then saw that HD had it as a special buy this week for $169 with a free 5.0Ah battery so I ordered it. View attachment 47474
I had the same problem with my B&D jigsaw. It didn't have the power needed to cut through plywood anymore.

balakay

BabyMax
M18 jigsaw showed up today. They shipped it and the battery separately and the battery still doesn’t show to have left the warehouse. No big deal though because I have batteries to get me through my needs this weekend. This thing feels great, though a little heavier than I expected with the 5.0 battery in it. Oh well, 99% of the time I’ll be using it it’ll be resting on whatever material I’m cutting so I guess it doesn’t really matter. Wish it had come with a case though. I’ll have to wait for a deal to come around on a PackOut case that will fit it and pick one up.

Anathollo

Staff member
M18 jigsaw showed up today. They shipped it and the battery separately and the battery still doesn’t show to have left the warehouse. No big deal though because I have batteries to get me through my needs this weekend. This thing feels great, though a little heavier than I expected with the 5.0 battery in it. Oh well, 99% of the time I’ll be using it it’ll be resting on whatever material I’m cutting so I guess it doesn’t really matter. Wish it had come with a case though. I’ll have to wait for a deal to come around on a PackOut case that will fit it and pick one up.
Pickup some Diablo blades for it.

Anathollo

Staff member
Yeah, those Diablo blades are spendy but are nice.
They're not too bad cost wise but they last. The Dewalt blade that came with mine made it a few cuts and then was toast.

balakay

BabyMax
Yeah I have a bunch of Diablo blades but I don’t have any high TPI ones so I’ll have to pick some up later today.

Anathollo

Staff member
Pretty sure I've partially burned out my less than a year old DeWalt impact. My M12 runs circles around it.

balakay

BabyMax
Recommendations for a 12” miter saw?
Don’t have a huge budget for it. Under $400 would be best. Sliding would be preferred but not necessary if it takes it out of my price range. Single bevel is fine.

Silverback

I have a dual slide Makita 10" and I love it. But I know the Bosch are sweet and so are the Milwaukee. Look for Black Friday ads, should have some good deals.