Tools!

PSU Taco85

Picked up a new Klein screwdriver
105E237B-EE3E-409A-9B06-BE11C355F4C5.jpeg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Recommendations for a 12” miter saw?
Don’t have a huge budget for it. Under $400 would be best. Sliding would be preferred but not necessary if it takes it out of my price range. Single bevel is fine.
Avoid hinged miter saws. They are not accurate saws because of the hinge. Also get a "shadow-line" miter saw. It helps with your cuts so much. But any DeWalt or Makita miter saw is going to do you really well.
10_in_Dual_Bevel_Sli_632825c17b5275c24809d91b246a34f7_1000x.jpg

Here's a good video on the shadow line saw.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I initially bought a Rigid 12 dual slide and it was shit, the runout on a 8" cut was about 1/8". Not accurate at all. I took it back and spent a little more on the Makita.

CowboyTaco

I scored a like new Dewalt on Craigslist from an old man that was moving to Florida and it wouldn't fit on the truck. He was pretty much down to make an offer or it goes on the curb.

xJuice

Anathollo

Staff member
Well Harbor Freight is releasing this knock-off of the Pro Eagle jack. So I'll be picking up one of these bc the pro eagle jack uses shit components and charges a premium price.

balakay

BabyMax
Well Harbor Freight is releasing this knock-off of the Pro Eagle jack. So I'll be picking up one of these bc the pro eagle jack uses shit components and charges a premium price.
View attachment 48062
Oooooh I’ll probably have to get one of these. I’ve seen some really bad reviews of the Pro Eagle for the price. Will have to see how these compare.

Silverback

Anathollo

Staff member
Installed refurbished Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E routers in my house today. I shouldn't have waited this long to upgrade the routers because the wifi speed is amazing.

CowboyTaco

Installed refurbished Netgear Orbi WiFi 6E routers in my house today. I shouldn't have waited this long to upgrade the routers because the wifi speed is amazing.

I did the Linksys about a year ago and regret waiting as long as I did.

I assume the ones you got have ports on the back where you can plug in a rj45 cable. Those devices use some sort of back channel that is faster than wifi if you can plug something in. I'm darn near gig speed when connected direct to the hub.

Anathollo

Staff member
I did the Linksys about a year ago and regret waiting as long as I did.

I assume the ones you got have ports on the back where you can plug in a rj45 cable. Those devices use some sort of back channel that is faster than wifi if you can plug something in. I'm darn near gig speed when connected direct to the hub.
Yes, I have the satellite router hardwired in for slightly faster speed and my Fire TV & camera system is plugged into it as well. Everything is almost instantaneous now which is really nice. I didn't realize how bad my Apple routers lagged until I got the system.

Silverback

Which model Orbi did you get?

Silverback

Cool, the same ones I got. Glad you like them. I got the single satellite but the other 3 are arriving tomorrow. I'll have all 4 on a wired backhaul.