TOR Victory Gardens

Oswego

n00b
Yankee Post: I never knew what okra was until I started ordering freeze dried meals from a TX supplier because they put it in a bunch of stuff. Whats it taste like by itself? They were putting it in chili and other strong tasting meals so I could never tell what it was like.

Noticed my first leaf pop up from my strongest blueberry bush. Also the same bush that was the last to lose them.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
[
If it doesn't taste like breading and frying oil, you're doing it wrong :D
I like to dip my fried okra in the gravy that comes with my fried chicken

Also pop them off the plant when they are about 1 inch long, eat them raw, tender, sweet and delicious.

Taco Loco

A year ago, I just started building this Victory garden, and today I started with planting some Spring vegetables.

20210308_151440.jpg

Bluebonnets started blooming over the weekend.

20210308_095235.jpg

Oswego

n00b
and I started turning mine into a scrap yard today....copper in the back and aluminum up front.

iron will go on the side.

running out of storage space with everything under construction and or being cleaned. plants will not be lacking any minerals for a while
1615257838153.png

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'll be working in the garden this weekend... well just providing manual labor for whatever the wife wants done. Hopefully all it ends up being is going and getting a shitload of dirt and some rock and filling her above ground planters.

Oswego

n00b
always good to get a little dirt under your nails

Taco Loco

Onions and chives have been harvested in small amounts, got a few asparagus cuttings this morning.
Maters are slowly growing, these 40* mornings are not helping much.

20210320_102305.jpg

20210320_101343.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Finally had my first snow crocus pop up in my wildflower bed. Hopefully the rest follow. Kinda bummed only one out of over 100 has bloomed.

Attachments

• 20210329_123452.jpg
    20210329_123452.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

Oswego

n00b
lol

I got budz starting some first round of berries should follow shortly. I should pull the budz again to promote root growth but it's all about "show" this season so I'll let them go
20210410_192545.jpg

Oswego

n00b
lol

Used up all my fertilizers yesterday so my sheds much safer now that it's just full of fuel. Ran out of fertilizer for my berries so I gotta go grab more of that later.

Pretty impressed with the Jobe's spikes. Had very good results using them for the first time last spring on my trees, bushes & Rose's.

Fed then trimmed up a scrub pine last year and got more growth in one season than the previous 15. Same for my Rose's.

Taco Loco

I know it's not legal yet in Texas, but I'll take my chances, lol

27432546607054.jpeg