What have you done to someone else's ride lately?

AlienXtx

Nignog
My dads injectors are out in his Dodge. They’ve been showing signs of going bad and my 8 hour round trip last weekend to fill feeders finished them off. So new injectors and feed tubes have been ordered and we’ll be tackling that project whenever they get here.
What are those injectors running these days?

balakay

BabyMax
What are those injectors running these days?
He bought some OEM remans for $1350 and the feeder tubes were like $150 on RockAuto. New OEM are around double those prices I think.

AlienXtx

Nignog
He bought some OEM remans for $1350 and the feeder tubes were like $150 on RockAuto. New OEM are around double those prices I think.
Yeah I believe so.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Wifes XC90 threw a "Start/Stop Service Required" warning light. As I expected the first thing to check is the aux battery (small 10Ah battery to help with the engine shutting off at lights and restarting). Anyhow, I tried to charge it.. says its charged. Battery tester says its "good".. but light is still on. So.. ordered a new battery (AGM).. cheaper than a trip to the dealer for them to sell us a new battery for $200 plus a $200 install.. not to mention when can they get us in. So anyhow, I'll install the new battery tomorrow and hope for the best.

Battery fixed it. Should have tested it outside the car to begin with. Oh well. Showed the little one how to do it as well.

IMG_8834.JPG

IMG_8835.jpg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Battery fixed it. Should have tested it outside the car to begin with. Oh well. Showed the little one how to do it as well.

View attachment 45106

View attachment 45107
The service techs at Volvo turned that stop start shit off on my S60 (you couldn't do it yourself without the software program). On the XC90's you can turn it off in your profile settings now thankfully.

Anathollo

Staff member
Wifes XC90 threw a "Start/Stop Service Required" warning light. As I expected the first thing to check is the aux battery (small 10Ah battery to help with the engine shutting off at lights and restarting). Anyhow, I tried to charge it.. says its charged. Battery tester says its "good".. but light is still on. So.. ordered a new battery (AGM).. cheaper than a trip to the dealer for them to sell us a new battery for $200 plus a $200 install.. not to mention when can they get us in. So anyhow, I'll install the new battery tomorrow and hope for the best.
Can you PM the link to the AGM battery. I'll probably need a replacement in the future as well.

Silverback

I sent you the link.

Anathollo

Staff member
Got it thanks!

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
EC49919C-B85E-447C-9A96-B3EE55C83BA7.jpg

I helped @Slimwood Shady with his lift and TC uca's on Monday on his 22 T4R he got some new 285's and I bought his factory Nittos 265/70/17 tires for my Taco. I'm waiting on the new set of TPMS and then I will swap tires out on my truck, probably next week.

Silverback

So you are taking the Taco in November?

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
So you are taking the Taco in November?

That's the plan if I can find the parts to fix front end. New delta joints and bushings on order, new gear assembly are on BO ugh..

Silverback

Oh I don't spill beer! lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
Test drove this all electric Ford Transit while I was in Indiana. I was pretty impressed with the performance and regenitive braking, but the range could use some work.
20221005_140053.jpg
20221005_140100.jpg
20221005_141253.jpg
20221005_144059.jpg
20221005_144131.jpg
20221005_144140.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog
116 miles. I'm sure in start/stop traffic that would increase due to the regen braking, but they need to get it up around 200.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
LMAO at 116 miles. That big of a van and they could only fit in enough batteries for that? Would it help if they put pedal power generators in the seat area to help recharge the battery? lol