What have you done to someone else's ride lately?

CowboyTaco

That wear pattern is not from lack of rotation. He’s got other issues.

X2 on Blake's comment. Guess it's a jeep thing, and I wouldn't understand

Those wear marks are definitely from a worn out suspension/steering. Used to get the same thing on my first gen when my tie rod ends would fuck up. But pretty much any worn out bushings/suspension could cause it.

Interesting. I hadn't really thought about checking anything else. I know the outer tread will feather with time. I just figured he let it go so long that the inner blocks started to feather as well.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Interesting. I hadn't really thought about checking anything else. I know the outer tread will feather with time. I just figured he let it go so long that the inner blocks started to feather as well.

Not sure it's worth your time and efforts to help that neighbor out for what was offered.

CowboyTaco

Not sure it's worth your time and efforts to help that neighbor out for what was offered.

No, it's really not. I'm not about to start chasing down issues on his vehicle. I just thought the wear pattern was interesting as I've never seen one that bad before....then again, I don't know anyone who doesn't rotate tires. We've been neighbors for 4 years and those are the same tires he had when we moved in, so they were on the front for at least that long.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Swapped the battery out in my mom's X5. Apparently these batteries are on back order so I was lucky to find a dealer on the other side of town that had one in stock. The OEM battery lasted 7 years so I can't complain about $260 for a new OEM battery.
This battery is a monster.
20230105_170432.jpg

Taco Loco

Swapped the battery out in my mom's X5. Apparently these batteries are on back order so I was lucky to find a dealer on the other side of town that had one in stock. The OEM battery lasted 7 years so I can't complain about $260 for a new OEM battery.
This battery is a monster.
View attachment 49692

Most importantly. Did you reset the cpu for the new battery?

Anathollo

Staff member
Most importantly. Did you reset the cpu for the new battery?
Pin op Truth

Guess I'll do that when I get home. Car said it was recalibrating itself and to "drive carefully" until it recalibrated all the safety modules lol

Taco Loco

Pin op Truth

Guess I'll do that when I get home. Car said it was recalibrating itself and to "drive carefully" until it recalibrated all the safety modules lol

The newer cars apply move voltage/amps to the battery as the battery ages which prolongs the life of the battery. If a reset is not performed, it will continue to charge at a higher rate thinking the old battery still remains.

Anathollo

Staff member
The newer cars apply move voltage/amps to the battery as the battery ages which prolongs the life of the battery. If a reset is not performed, it will continue to charge at a higher rate thinking the old battery still remains.
Good to know! I'll reset it when I get home.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Showed my son how to change his oil. Then he did the tie rod ends and replaced the steer wheel controls for the radio. Next project will be the plugs/coil packs and brakes.
20230121_113052.jpg
20230121_115513.jpg
20230121_130525.jpg
20230121_130701.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
We dragged Jason's old bronco out of the brush and got her running in an hour and a half. We cleaned it out and Andy rewired a bunch of stuff. We went into town to for a new battery, fuel filter and ran a new gas line to the motor from the gas tank. There had to be at least 20 pounds of rat shit on the bronco. It was insane.
Then we drove it around the ranch and got a doe kill within the first mile of driving it!

Cleaning it up!
20230120_130635.jpg

Driving around.
20230120_180812.jpg

20230120_180621.jpg

Unfortunately the bronco burned about 5 gallons of fuel in 7 miles. It needs a new water pump, fan and a belt. Jason got all that on order and already got off the water pump.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Looks like it was in a flood!

Anathollo

Staff member

AlienXtx

Nignog
My son got his License today and he decided he needed to do a grill swap. I'll have to show him the correct way to wire up the lights, didn't even let him attempt it on his own.
20230210_165756.jpg
20230210_173539.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Speaker upgrade.
20230211_131935.jpg

Silverback

Wifes XC90 got genuine OEM wipers F&R today. LOL Now it needs a bath.

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

Silverback

$85 for the complete set. The Bosche it had previously didn't last.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Did the rear brakes, shocks and leaf springs on my son's truck. Also put on a 2"drop shackle while I was in there. Started on the front, but only got to stripping the front brakes off and removing the passenger side strut. The goob that owned it before me had installed a lift block in the front like a jack ass, wtf lifts a 2wd. I thought it was up higher in the front then it should be, and road rougher then it should. That will all be fixed tomorrow and sitting nice and level with ceramic brakes all around.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Finished up the front struts and brakes. Look to be just about 1/2" lower in the rear. Hopefully the front springs settle some or I'm going to move the rear bracket up from the 2" drop to the 1". Not about to have my kid rolling a Carolina squat. Alignment set up for 1st thing tomorrow.
20230220_112033.jpg