Anathollo's build

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Got some knickknack stuff done tonight.

Put on a new metal circle holder on my CB handheld. The plastic one it came with broke off.

Fixed my emergency button. The aftermarket grill that surrounds it always rubbed on it and cause the emergency button to stick. So I lightly filed it out and now it doesn't bind up. The OEM emergency button is a pretty shitty design and feels terrible to click on and off.

Put in a HDMI to USB-C cable on my headunit. I was hoping this would allow me to automatically start Android Auto on my kenwood screen when I plugged it in but this headunit is such a POS that it just does the screen mirroring with Samsung DEX. I should've known better but there's not much info on this headunit online when I was doing research months ago. If money wasn't an issue, I would rip this headunit out and put in the new Pioneer 11" unit.

CowboyTaco

I looked into upgrading my headunit to one that has android auto...would be nice if for nothing other than the navigation. So I went down the rabbit hole of finding out which Kenwood units had the same wiring harness as the one I installed. Turns out, my HU was one of the last models to use that wiring harness before they all started using an updated one. So for once in my life, I decided to leave well enough alone.

Anathollo

Staff member
Check with @SecretSquirrel I know he just did a pretty nice head unit upgrade.
As you well know, my funds account are geared towards other stuff right now. lol But swapping it out to something different is not an option anymore because my truck isn't my DD anymore.

Anathollo

Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
Changed my oil in the Tacoma. The fumoto valve makes that a lot easier! I'm going to start changing the oil more often at this point due to how much mileage is on the engine.

Topped off the engine coolant.

Finally broke out enough crunched metal around my rear diff drain plug to get the plug out. So I was finally able to change the rear diff oil. It actually looked pretty good still but I'm happy I was finally able to get it done.

Got my tires rotated as well. Not happy with how one tire is wearing (it's pretty bad). The kid working at discount tire wouldn't do anything about it (wouldn't contact Toyo or warranty it) so it looks like that tire is gonna die an early sidewall death tragically. For legal reasons this is a joke.

Last edited:

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
As many tire failures as I saw told driving near Houston I am surprised you have not lost more tires already.

Anathollo

Staff member
As many tire failures as I saw told driving near Houston I am surprised you have not lost more tires already.
This one is wearing really weird and is not normal at all. I'm not really surprised since these tires are the FIRST batch of the AT3's. Guess I got lemon.

Anathollo

Staff member
Took out my dual battery setup, blueseas battery controller, 100A blueseas fuse and a bunch of wiring. My suspension raised up a 1/4" just taking all the weight out over the drivers side coilover. I put in my Diehard Platinum Group 65 battery thats been in storage. If it doesn't last then I'll put in my Odyssey Group 34 battery.

Adjusted my front coilovers and got them even. I raised the drivers side an 1/8" and lowered the passenger side a 1/4". And like all things Icon, my Icon coilover adjustment collar wrench is now broken. Fucking garage from a garbage shock company.

Now that my dual battery setup is out, I have room to install the driverside Lifetime LED bulb (the new design for the brighter bulb didn't fit).

Anathollo

Staff member
Any plans to re-engineer another dual battery setup/location, or just going back to single batt.?
I doubt it at this point that I'll go back to dual batteries. I'm probably never going to run a fridge (which was my main reason for the dual setup).

I was doing research on buying a battery mount and welding it to the frame rails on the passenger side but that probably won't happen.

CowboyTaco

I like the one that Boyd (I think) mentioned that goes in the cubby behind the pass rear seat.

But I'm happy with the Jackery that I got. Cheaper and doesn't go bad in a few years (I hope), plus I can easily move it between vehicles or power the 12v beer fridge in my office...

PSU Taco85

Took out my dual battery setup, blueseas battery controller, 100A blueseas fuse and a bunch of wiring. My suspension raised up a 1/4" just taking all the weight out over the drivers side coilover. I put in my Diehard Platinum Group 65 battery thats been in storage. If it doesn't last then I'll put in my Odyssey Group 34 battery.

Adjusted my front coilovers and got them even. I raised the drivers side an 1/8" and lowered the passenger side a 1/4". And like all things Icon, my Icon coilover adjustment collar wrench is now broken. Fucking garage from a garbage shock company.

Now that my dual battery setup is out, I have room to install the driverside Lifetime LED bulb (the new design for the brighter bulb didn't fit).

I've broken 2 or 3 of those wrenches. I made my own after paying for two of theirs lol

Anathollo

Staff member
I've broken 2 or 3 of those wrenches. I made my own after paying for two of theirs lol
Yeah I can definitely see why. A punch works as well but it's not recommended lol

Anathollo

Staff member
Well I bit the bullet finally and bought a new toolbox. It was on sale at Northern tool so I swung by and picked it up. I like this design because of the handles and the fact that you only have to unlock one side to open it. It feels good to get this done as I've been putting this off for years as I didn't want to buy a new one but I'm at the point now that I really need one.
20210411_112208.jpg

My old Trailboss toolbox cracked at the side of the toolbox and wasn't repairable. I wanted to try and prevent that from happening again, so I added this 1/4" plate underneath it to hopefully spread the load across the full width of the side of the toolbox.
20210411_112201.jpg

Oswego

n00b
My kobalt $99 special's pos handles have been pissing me off since I bought it. Those look much nicer. Good luck!

Anathollo

Staff member
My kobalt $99 special's pos handles have been pissing me off since I bought it. Those look much nicer. Good luck!
Yeah that's why I paid more for this one. I paid for the convenience lol

CowboyTaco

I got my FiL a toolbox for his truck a few years ago for Christmas. Only place in town I could find them at the time was Lowe's. He loves is, but the aluminum has a big ole crack in it. On one hand, he is pretty rough with things. On the other, I still don't think it should have cracked where it did (on the front).

You inspired me to check. Looks like it might have a lifetime warranty. I just sent him a text to go try to get it replaced.