Anathollo's build

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Finally took a few minutes the other night and adjusted my headlights (as much as the chinesium headlights would let me).

I also added a couple of washers underneath my Baja Designs flood lights to raise them up so I get a more even spread. I forgot that the welded in foglight bracket from Demello was crooked on the driver side so the light doesn't line up perfectly. Good ol' Demello QC.

This was also the first time that my oldest daughter wanted to be outside with me working on the truck. She was super excited and I had to get her a little toolbox with misc. small tools so she could "fix" stuff while I was working on the lights. Thank God I have a metal front bumper because she was scraping, banging and scratching the hell out of it with a screwdriver and allen keys lol

Anathollo

Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
Put my mid and transmission skids back on the truck to block my catalytic converters. Lifted Tacoma's and Tundras are being targeted all around Houston so I put them back on to make it hard to cut them out.

I had to beat the skids back into shape with a sledge hammer. I forgot how badly they got banged up from Moab and Colorado. If I get skids again, it'll be 1/4" for sure. The 3/16" plate doesn't hold up.

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
Went to Discount tire to get a nail taken out of a tire. They can't work on it because 1/4th of the tire is so badly worn. It's half my fault (I need to get the front end aligned again) and half Toyo's (the discount tire guy was shocked how much two of the tires had worn out with such low miles on them). I think I have close to 10k miles on them. So he paid for one tire and I paid for the other. The two new tires be here tomorrow and I'm going to make an appointment to get my truck aligned.

I've been putting the front end alignment off because I drive the truck so little now. It does trips to home Depot and a couple of 8 hour round trips twice a year to hunt. So I guess I'll stop being lazy and take care of it lol

Edit: I can't remember how many miles I have on these so far. I'll have to find out later.

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
Got the two new tires today. Truck drives straight now lol

But I'll get an alignment scheduled ASAP.

Anathollo

Staff member
Took my truck to get aligned and they found that my driver's side LCA bushing are completely shot. So they weren't able to align the truck and I got $500 of bushings and uniballs on order to rebuild my LCA's and UCA's.

Anathollo

Staff member
The Ultraguage I bought from @bakerla finally died from screen burn. Not wanting to redo my setup right now, I went ahead and bought the newer version of the Ultraguage because I didn't have to modify anything or change my setup because I don't have the time for it right now. I know there's cheaper & better setups out there but this is what I'm used to now. I installed the new Ultraguage the other day but didn't take a pic of it.

The old Ultraguage more than payed for itself several times over by keeping me from overheating the engine while wheeling or towing. It's also troubleshot codes for me as well so I don't have any issue with the cost of the unit.

Anathollo

Staff member
Changed the oil in the truck.

I replaced the uniballs and bushings on the driverside UCA and LCA. The uniballs on the UCA & LCA needed to be replaced. Bushings looked fine thankfully. I'm going to do the passenger side tomorrow.

I will say, the rebuild kit from Camburg has everything you need to replace whereas Total Chaos sends you only what you order. I definitely prefer the way Camburg packages it.
20230128_163846.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Replace the passenger side bushings and uniballs. The uniballs were also siezed up but the bushings were in great shape. Every bolt fought me tooth & nail coming out and going back in.

I really need to buy a press. That would've made this job a lot easier and faster.

This maybe the last time I can rebuild my Camburg uppers. The uniball fought me like hell going in on the passenger side. I wouldn't be surprised if me or Paul tweaked them at some point because the passenger side uniball did not want to come out and the new one did not want to go in.

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
I've been hearing a rubbing noise coming from the rear end of my Tacoma for awhile now. Finally had a minute to check on it today and I found that my rear leaf packs have a negative arch to them and the rear leaf bracket is rubbing the frame. So I ordered the Dakar heavy duty leaf packs with one extra AAL, U-bolts and the bushing kit from wheelersoffroad (I've got a spare AAL in the garage so I only needed to order one).

That was definitely an unplanned expense but one that needs to be taken care of as I'll be towing a ton of stuff here in a couple of months when we move to our finished house.

I texted @thekidcatcher to send me pics of his rear leafs to compare to mine and his are in worse shape than mine are. So he's ordering the same as me today.

Back in 2019, @thekidcatcher texted me asking about my leaf packs and I saw they needed to be replaced. So now it's the opposite this time lol

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Negative arch to the point of rubbing the frame? New leafs are going to ride so much better. Would bet shocks are hurting too.

Anathollo

Staff member
Negative arch to the point of rubbing the frame? New leafs are going to ride so much better. Would bet shocks are hurting too.
Yeah, it'll be a stiff ride for awhile in the rear when the leaf packs are new but I'll break this pack in a lot faster since I'll be using the truck weekly instead of it just being parked in the driveway.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
So you ordered the leafs that are designed for an extra 660 lbs in the bed at all times? Very curious to see how much lift you get out of these new leafs as those are the ones I am eyeballing.

Anathollo

Staff member
So you ordered the leafs that are designed for an extra 660 lbs in the bed at all times? Very curious to see how much lift you get out of these new leafs as those are the ones I am eyeballing.
Yes, I ordered those along with the extra AAL. I'm curious to see how much lift I get as well. I'm pretty close to 600# now with the rear swingout bumper with the spare tire, hi-lift jack and my toolbox (stuffed to the brim with tools & hardware).

Anathollo

Staff member
Well my sliders with a kick-out saved my truck yesterday. A guy in a work truck pulled out from a gas station and hit me. I got some paint damage and he got a bunch of damage (I think his radiator was leaking as well). Had I not had the sliders, he would've smashed my rear door, rocker and bedside.
20230712_164755.jpg

20230712_164151.jpg

20230712_164748.jpg

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
They must be AllPro lol
Negative, I don't have any All-Poo shit on my truck. These are old style CBI sliders that @SecretSquirrel found on Craigslist for me back in the day. If they had been All-Poo they would've crumbled into my truck lol