The Lodge

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Looking forward to the pig competition in February. This big sow group stayed in a kill zone for 1.5 hours last night. There are no new babies so they should be coming back in heat any week now; which will bring the really big boars with them. The stick of a bush they are circled around is right at 30" tall. These are some tall & thick sows.

Screenshot_20230110-053807_Tactacam Reveal.jpg
Screenshot_20230110-054044_Tactacam Reveal.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Last edited:

balakay

BabyMax
Ok it's wider than it appears on photos
Yeah all their doors are 24” wide. It may be shorter than 70” though. They make a 64” also but my dad is a little over 6’ so I’m betting he got the 70” one.

This is where the door is from. We used their windows in the last blind we built a few years ago but built our own windows this time and just got doors from them.

Taco Loco

Yeah all their doors are 24” wide. It may be shorter than 70” though. They make a 64” also but my dad is a little over 6’ so I’m betting he got the 70” one.

This is where the door is from. We used their windows in the last blind we built a few years ago but built our own windows this time and just got doors from them.

Thanks I will save that link for future use.

Taco Loco

I bought this pos for $200 from previous owner, wth only 1 front window?? it has good steel, the blind needs to be replaced, maybe before September of this year, lol.
20230112_081648.jpg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Took a couple of days off work and hunted at @thekidcatcher ranch. Had an awesome hunt and awesome weekend! @theislandboy, Jason, his dad and a former army sniper (awesome dude) came out to hunt.

I shot a doe on Friday morning at 240 yards through the neck. She was a hefty girl.
20230120_081856.jpg

Then on Saturday afternoons hunt:
Someone else got this kill. It wasn't me pulling the trigger. Daddy javelina at 80 yards.
20230121_175211.jpg

I shot this spike. The camera makes him look small but he was a big boy. Took 3 of us just to hang him up on the cleaning rack.
20230121_175113.jpg

Then this momma & baby javelina came out to check on daddy and I got a two for one shot! So freaking pumped!
20230121_182826.jpg

The former Army Sniper got two does on this trip. We got the ol' Bronco up and running after sitting for 6 years and drove it a mile and he heart shot this doe off the top of it (~200 yards). Pretty fucking awesome for the Broncos return back to life!
20230120_171718.jpg

20230120_180610.jpg

The ranch is really coming along! It has a well, a septic system and more bunks now! It's a pretty sweet setup and is only getting better! We ate so good on this trip!
20230121_191726.jpg

Last edited:

tx_shooter

Staff member

AlienXtx

Nignog
Maybe there is good news for controlling the feral pig explosion?

I like the stuff that turns their meat blue and kills the shit out of them better. Think it's based off of rat poison lol

Anathollo

Staff member

tx_shooter

Staff member
Bit chilly tonight in the stand. The calendar invite was sent but the pigs failed to attend the meeting. There will be a catch up meeting tonight.

20230204_023530.jpg

20230204_004523.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member

tx_shooter

Staff member
Propane from the heater puts off a smell. We tried that last year and found it was a set back.

Heated Milwaukee jacket is not off the list; but this new cold weather gear is working great so far.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Mr Heater Buddy Heater with a thermocontrolled fan on top. Shit ran me out at 16 degrees in my undies.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Propane from the heater puts off a smell. We tried that last year and found it was a set back.

Heated Milwaukee jacket is not off the list; but this new cold weather gear is working great so far.
Prob the glow from it more then the smell