The Lodge

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Luckily our current county has no restrictions so we’ll be able to cull some bucks that wouldn’t normally be legal in restricted counties. Our county has something like a 6:1 buck to doe ratio according to the lady that does the wildlife exemptions. She said she was expecting them to go to a 2-3 buck county in the next few years. They are currently only a 1 buck county.

This year, shoot all nub bucks, they count as antlerless deer, record all deer observations.

Screenshot_20221119_121241.jpg

Next year..Get numerous cameras out, record deer observations, apply for MLD permits.

Taco Loco

Really weird, can't ever recall retrieving the bullet from an animal using my 30.06.

But this was almost dangling out of the skin on the exit/rib cage side.

When skinning last night I sat it to the side and the kitten almost ate it, I heard the metal hit the lawn mower and realized what she was doing and grabbed it up real quick.

20221120_142817.jpg
20221120_142824.jpg
20221120_142829.jpg
20221120_142836.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AlienXtx

Nignog
Really weird, can't ever recall retrieving the bullet from an animal using my 30.06.

When skinning last night I sat it to the side and the kitten almost ate it, I heard the metal hit the lawn mower and realized what she was doing and grabbed it up real quick.

View attachment 48375View attachment 48376View attachment 48377View attachment 48378
Same rounds I use to use in mine, they definitely get the job done. Never had one not go through, but have had that happen with my .257 and .270.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

View attachment 48375View attachment 48376View attachment 48377View attachment 48378
That surprising for .30-06. I mean you're basically shooting light artillery at this point lol

Taco Loco

20221121_090710.jpg

Arts n Crafts this morning, 2 more green lights made and magnets added to stick on the side of the feeders.

Taco Loco

Only in the hill country will you find chocolate deer, I took a picture of this doe on base yesterday. Regular color doe in the background.
20221123_154514.jpg

20221123_154444.jpg

Taco Loco

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

balakay

BabyMax
Finally getting to hunt this year. My cousin is hunting my dads feeder this morning and killed a doe. Saw an 8 this morning but he didn’t stick around long enough for me to see if he needed to be culled. Had some coyotes at about 60 yards but too much brush so I never got a shot.
043A9BE0-0B47-4409-A7D9-7F3A96417A51.jpeg

Taco Loco

Finally getting to hunt this year. My cousin is hunting my dads feeder this morning and killed a doe. Saw an 8 this morning but he didn’t stick around long enough for me to see if he needed to be culled. Had some coyotes at about 60 yards but too much brush so I never got a shot. View attachment 48884

Moon has been stupid bright, lots of feeding is happening at night.

balakay

BabyMax
I normally don’t drink until dinner when hunting. But my cousins and uncle are here and they’re bad influences. So brought a couple yella bellies to the stand. Praise Jesus.
64D246BC-B2B0-484F-A0D6-2943CA5D35FD.jpeg